Chapter 29

"I mean... maybe it registered as self-defense?" Peter suggested.

"It shouldn't have. Any sort of attack directed at the animatronics doesn't count as self-defense," you said.

"(y/n), I think you're over thinking this. The security system on the attendant is obviously faulty. Let's just be glad that your badge worked and he didn't get back up," he said.

You nodded, clenching your fists. Everything about this situation felt so wrong. You wished that all the answers would just come to you, that you could just fix all of this and go back to having a normal job.

You and Peter entered the maintenance hall, seeing the attendant crumpled up on the repair table. It didn't look like the guards even tried to straighten him out. You walked over, placing a hand on his arm. Tears pricked the corners of your eyes as you blinked them away. You felt an ache in your chest as you looked at the damage. He looked terrible.

"Do you think you can get me a new endo skeleton for him?" Peter asked.

"Where are they?" you asked.

"Endo storage is just down the hall. The lights down there are a bit touchy, so make sure to take a flashlight," he said.

You nodded, grabbing a flashlight off one of the nearby tables and heading down the hall Peter had pointed out. You looked around, finding a door labeled "Endo Storage", entering the room and feeling the wall until you found a light switch. Flicking it on, you let out a small shudder. The room was large, dozens of endo skeletons either standing in the center of the room or sitting off to the side. All of them mainly resembled the main four and Monty. You walked up to one, trying to see if there was a label telling you what animatronic the skeleton was meant for. You checked on of the skeletons that was closest to you, finding a small label attached to its arm that read "Freddy, Bonnie, Roxy, Foxy".

"So, they do have specific skeletons," you mumbled to yourself.

A small thought crossed your mind as you read the tag one last time. There wasn't a Foxy animatronic in the Pizzaplex. You knew that a few other locations had a Foxy, but not the Pizzaplex. You assumed Roxy had taken the place of Foxy, but now that you saw his name you weren't too sure. You remembered Peter mentioning that he used to work at Kids Cove. Maybe you'd ask him about it once you got back.

You started wandering further back into the room, slowly coming to the realization that it was more of a hall then an actual room. It was like the repair hall in the Fazcade, just a lot more terrifying. Eventually, you found an endo that looked significantly different compared to the rest. Checking the tag, you were able to confirm that it was an endo for the daycare attendant. You carefully picked it up, shuffling out of the endo hall while trying not to hit anything with it.

Once you were out of the hall, you made your way over to the repair table, finding that the attendant was still crumpled up. You noticed Peter dragging another table over with a cardboard box on it. He took notice of you, waving you over.

"You can set that down here!" he said.

You nodded, carrying the endo skeleton over to the table. As soon as Peter stopped moving it, you set the skeleton down. It was relatively quiet as the two of you got to work on salvaging as much of the original attendant as you could. You were able to get the night cap from the chest cavity, somewhat relieved to find that it hadn't been damaged or stained with blood.

The process to re-assemble the attendant was beyond tedious. It was a lot of back and forth; removing undamaged parts and figuring out which ones you needed to replace. You were trying to think of a good time to ask Peter about Foxy. You weren't sure if it would be a touchy subject or not. After a minute of mental debating, you finally just decided to bite the bullet and ask.

"Hey, Peter?" you said.

"What's up?" he asked, his focus still on the repairs.

"What happened to Foxy?" you asked.

Peter froze, his hands visibly starting to shake. "Why... are you asking?" he slowly said.

"There are endo skeletons that could apparently be used for him," you said.

"It's... it's a long story," he mumbled.

"We have time," you said.

Peter stared at the table for a few seconds, seeming to be gathering his thoughts. After a moment, he let out a sigh.

"It was... kinda similar to what happened today. Rogue security and all that," he started, going back to working on the repairs. "We were just playing a game of tag in Kids Cove when Foxy just started getting all glitchy. To be honest, I thought he was faking it to try and get one of the kids to get close enough so he could tag them. One of the kids went up to him and tried to see if he was okay. Then, he just fucking jumped at this poor girl, started trying to stab her with his hook. The other worker started trying to distract him while I got the kids out of there and got a guard. Everyone was fine, but it was definitely not a fun day."

"So, why isn't he at the Pizzaplex anymore?" you asked.

"Dave. He was the guard I wound up getting. I guess he already had concerns about Foxy, ya know, having a pirate hook and all. I guess this was the final straw for him and went to management. Convinced them to decommission him," he explained. He let out a dry chuckle, shaking his head. "Bill was fucking furious. I guess he had a soft spot for Foxy or something. I remember coming into work on Bill's last day at the Pizzaplex. Him and Dave were cussing each other out. I don't know about Bill, but Dave got more and more grouchy after that."

"I think I remember him coming home once looking ready to kill someone. I'm guessing that was his last day?" you asked.

"Probably. No clue why he was kept as a worker for Fazbear Entertainment."

"Because he was friends with the owner."

Yours and Peter's heads snapped over to see Dave standing at the entrance, a blonde girl you didn't recognize behind him.

"Heh, scared us," Peter chuckled.

"Why are you even talking about that?" he asked.

"'Cause (y/n) was curious and I thought that since this whole situation was kinda like the Foxy situation, I'd tell them about it," Peter explained.

"What are you doing down here?" you asked.

"Showing one of our new guards around," Dave said.

"Sweet! Welcome to the team!" Peter said.

The girl averted her eyes to the floor.

"This is Vanessa. She's going to be the new nighttime security guard," Dave said.

"It's nice to meet you! I'm Peter and this is (y/n). We're from the daycare," Peter introduced.

"It's nice to meet you as well," Vanessa said.