60-62

Chapter 60 - Becoming a Spokesperson (1)

[I had planned on saving up three months' salary to buy their cheapest ring in order to help JiangJiang with his sales. How come I suddenly have this urge to buy this same pair of earrings? My ears aren't even pierced!]

[The watch she was wearing looks great too. Oh, my lord. I want all of them!]

[How much will this entire set cost?]

[Truth be told, she is quite pretty. She looked every bit as attractive as the first-tier actresses when she walked into the venue.]

Under the support of hardcore fans and passersby, there were still black fans that tirelessly sing the opposite tune.

[I am sure Brand B is going to go belly up. Those who own their stocks should sell them all now. Hiring Xu WanZhi will surely bring their company down.]

But as soon as comments like that appeared, they'd be attacked by the fans right away.

[Who was the one who said they are going to eat a keyboard if Xu WanZhi got the role? They haven't streamed it live yet. Perhaps you can go and join them on that?]

On her way back home from work, Xu WanZhi sat in the car and watched satisfyingly as her number of fans increased rapidly. Her WeChat, too, was exploding with messages. All of them are her colleagues in the field congratulating her.

It is human nature to ingratiate oneself with influential people. Even the few actresses who had been closed to Chang XiaoYa sent her congratulatory messages and tried all different means to get her attention and brown nose her.

Amidst all of the messages, only one of them caught her attention.

The message was from someone by the name of Xu Tian, the birth father of original owner.

[WanZhi, I heard that you've earned a pretty decent role as a spokesperson. You are indeed your father's daughter.]

From original owner's memory, her birth father Xu Tian was more or less a scum. The Xu's had been businessmen for generations. All the way until his generation and he had picked up gambling. He had lost all of the family's fortune and for a very long time, it was original owner's mother who was feeding and clothing everyone.

Original owner's mother was a tailor of traditional. She was a virtuous and competent woman. She had given all the money that she earned from making cheongsam to Xu Tian for him to restart their business.

Yet Xu Tian had became an alcoholic.

Every time that things didn't go well during the day, he'd go get a drink. When he came home drunk, he'd beat up his wife. Finally, this virtuous woman couldn't take it anymore and lost her mind. She was sent to a mental institution and finally died a tragic death there.

Xu Tian didn't feel much sadness over his wife's death. He was like a cold-blooded animal. He has sunk into the ever-changing business world and only wanted to raise his daughter up to be his right-hand person. Which also made Xu WanZhi, who only wanted to attend film academy, a thorn on his side.

He refused to let his daughter head down the entertainment circle path so he starved the original owner and refused to pay for her tuition.

It was under pressure like this from her family that the original owner developed the idea to marry into the prestigious family at any cost so she could come out from under the Xu's influence.

Recently, Xu Tian's business had not been going well so, when he saw that his daughter has been going up and up in the entertainment circle, he came running back to her, hoping that she could help him with a round of investment.