⁶Epilogue

For the time being, she did not want to make their relationship public, but they still had to go the route of making things official with her family, mainly because her mother has been chasing after her about this for half a year.

"Teacher Yu's family still doesn't know?" Big Sister Ling asked over the phone.

"Ya, his parents are not as into the gossip like my mother, who knows more gossip news than me." Moreover, she surprisingly could instantly recognize Yu Tu from such a blurry picture.

"Then when will Teacher Yu tell his family? He wouldn't just directly bring you home and scare them, right?"

"...You're the one who scares people. He said that he'll go back and tell them today. After a few days, I will go to his house. He's continuously been on assignments in the second half of this year and only returned from the launching site a few days ago. By reading the news, you will know how busy they are. Anyway, there hasn't been any good opportunity to talk to his parents. Aiya, you ask so much. What gifts should I bring to his house?"

In the living room of her Lujiazui home, Qiao Jing Jing was squatting on the carpet. While she was talking to big sister Ling, she was fretting over the piles of gifts on the floor.

"Didn't I tell you earlier? Two sets of silk pajamas, a scarf, and two bottles of wine will do. Just quickly put away your high-end skin care products and so on. Too expensive."

"Oh... My mom uses this one." Qiao Jing Jing put that skincare set to one side.

While she said this, there was movement at the doorway. It should be Yu Tu coming back after work. Qiao Jing Jing said, "I'm not going to talk anymore. Yu Tu is here to pick me up."

"Let him thank me for helping you to reject so much work!"

"Finished packing yet?" Yu Tu hung up his overcoat and walked into the living room.

Qiao Jing Jing turned on hands-free, held up the mobile phone, and said to him, "Come quickly. Big Sister Ling said to let you thank her for not arranging work for me during Chinese New Year."

Yu Tu drew nearer, stooped down, and laughingly said over the phone, "Thank you, Big Sister Ling, for taking care of Jing Jing this year."

Big Sister Ling: "......"

Did he have to be so Gary Stu (seemingly perfect character with no flaws)?

Originally, she just wanted an expression of gratitude, but why did she feel that she got a plate of dog food (internet slang meaning public display of affection)? She was speechless and hung up the phone.

Qiao Jing Jing beckoned to Yu Tu. "Take a look and see what your mother likes."

Yu Tu looked at the things scattered on the floor and pulled her up. "Just bring yourself. My mom likes pretty girls the most."

Was Teacher Yu teasing her?

Qiao Jing Jing's eyes sparkled. "Then, I have many kinds of prettiness. I can be pure, or mature, or dignified. What kind do you... oh, does your mother like?"

Mr. Yu spent a lot of "energy" to prove that he liked every kind, so their departure time was much later than planned.

For this time where they were going back to Jing City, they took Yu Tu's ordinary car that he had newly bought. In fact, before dating Qiao Jing Jing, Yu Tu had had no intention to buy a car in the short term. After all, his house was close to his work unit and there was still more than ten years of mortgage payments left for it. However, things are different when you have a girlfriend.

Sitting in the car, Qiao Jing Jing replied to a few WeChat messages. "My mom asked us what time we'll arrive."

Yu Tu glanced at the time and said, "Probably about half past nine."