side story : 3

SIDE STORY : 3

────────
WHAT IF THERE'S NO CAR ACCIDENTS WHEN YANAGI ON HIS THIRD YEAR MIDDLE SCHOOL?
────────

"Nice working with you, Yanagi Naoto. You already know me, Suzaku Banjo, your new coach. Welcome to the Schweiden Adlers."

"Nice to work with you as well," the two men shook hands after Yanagi signed the contract.

Yanagi was given a formal invitation letter to join the Adlers team back then, but he declined and chose to attend college first. After nearly 4 years, Yanagi agreed and went through some sort of formal selection before being accepted and signing the contract.

"I assumed you'd continue your father's career right away," Suzaku said as the two of them walked towards the Adlers team's practice room.

"Many people think so," he replied casually, "but I wanted to play volleyball for a few years before handling the company."

Suzaku opened the gym door, revealing three volleyball courts, all of which had high-quality facilities. Several members of the team also turned their heads before walking toward them at the same time.

"We've added a new member to our team. I'm sure you've heard of him "Suzaku stated.

One of them took a step forward, smiling and extending his hand for a handshake. "It's a pleasure working with you. Hirugami Fukuro, captain of Schweiden Adlers. Please take care of me."

"Yanagi Naoto. Please take care of me too."

High school Kageyama would never imagine that he would be on the same team as Yanagi Naoto. Even the current him wasn't convinced. He recognized Yanagi from a volleyball magazine he regularly purchased. Yanagi received a full page in the magazine several times. Especially with him who is always at the top of the best Ace sequence.

Then he met at the joint summer camp that Nekoma had invited him (his school) to. Yanagi was the captain of the Fukurodani Academy at the time, with Bokuto Kotaro, a great spiker, serving as vice-captain. He didn't get to know him in person, but he knew they knew each other when it came to volleyball.

He last saw him during a national competition. They don't even talk to each other. He didn't know much about his character or anything else; all he knew was that Yanagi was a great ace, and Kageyama had a strong desire to be his setter.

He didn't expect his little wish (almost impossible he think) to come true.

"Ushijima Wakatoshi. We are a team," Ushijima nodded in greetings as the two shook hands.

"Yes, I believe," Yanagi answered with the corners of his lips slightly raised.

Two great aces back in high school, now in the same team. Especially with the addition of world-class player Nicollas Romero.

Kageyama couldn't wait to be the setter for them all.

"Hello, I'm Kageyama Tobio. The main setter," Kageyama finally formally introduced himself to him. Yanagi turned to look at him, especially with that golden eye that seemed to light up in an instant.

"I know."