Chapter 42

CATALIA'S POV:
Tw: Mention of Blood

We all ran inside like our lives matter, which really did. Lives of our family members are at stake. All of our guns were in our hands as we entered the hospital.

What we noticed first was that no one was outside. Not a single doctor, patient, nurse, receptionist, janitor. None. Like it was an abandoned hospital. All doors were closed, but everything here outside was a complete and utter mess.

We were shocked at the current situation of the hospital but we didn't mind it for now. Our family was the only thing that was in our mind. We ran to our private floor while the police went in different directions to check the whole hospital.

As we ran to our private floor we started shouting out family's names. But not once did they respond nor was a movement seen.

I could feel my heart thumping in my chest as the feel of dread coursed through me. Please... Please...

I don't even know what I am pleading for but that was the only thing that was going through my mind. We arrived at our private floor and stopped on our tracks.

Blood... There was blood everywhere...

Bloody hand and foot prints were on the walls and on the floor. Puddles of blood scattered along the floor leading to anywhere and everywhere on the private floor.

Gone were the plain and clean white tiles and cement walls, now was decorated with fresh bright red crimson blood. Skid marks leading to different rooms, skid marks leading to dead bodies that were soaked in its own blood.

"Dad?" I said quietly as we all listened for any response. But to no avail so I called out again, this time to any of my brothers. "Carter? Caleb? Elijah? Ezra? Maddox?! Dylan?!" My quiet and calm voice slowly turned into a shout of panic and desperation.

I immediately ran to Mom's room. Ignoring all of the bodies but still avoiding it. I rushed inside mom's room to see mom still on the bed but all machinery around her was gone and it was scattered around her room.

Without looking around I immediately ran to her and placed my ear to her chest to listen for her heartbeat.

And thankfully there was. It was beating loud and strong.

"Lia how is she?" Blaze and Blake asked panickly.

"She's fine, her heart is beating loud and strong." I said as we all breathed a sigh but still looked around for the others.

We then heard thumping from somewhere. We looked around and went outside. We started looking around the rooms to see where it was from.

"Oh golly!" Augusto reacted that got everyone's attention. We walked towards him and checked to see what got him surprised.

As we all looked at the door he was pepping through, a bloody hand slammed itself to the door window that shocked us all. The hand slipped back down leaving a bloody hand mark on the window.

Shawn walked closer to the door and turned the knob only to find out it was locked from both the inside and outside. How? We also don't know.

So he started kicking the door close by the handle. But since it was a newly furnished door and handle it was a little hard and painful to kick through so Uncle Dan started helping him to open the door. After a couple of kicks it finally broke open and what was inside broke my heart.

It was both Virago and Vespine... Both  severely and brutally beaten and stabbed... On the floor bleeding out.

I ran to them as well as my family with tears brimming my eyes.