Chpt 10: The Old Junkyard

Nancy, Johnathan and i sat in silence as we waited for Hopper and Joyce to come to the station. We had been waiting there for hours. I felt bad because Nancy and Johnathan were visibly irritated that i had lost my temper.

I ruined their plan. The longer we sit here, the longer Barb and Will are in that awful place. Suddenly, we heard two people barge into the station. "Johnathan! Jesus, What happened?" Joyce called out.

"You put my daughter in handcuffs? Take them off" Hopper demanded. I kept my head down not wanting to look at them. "Chief..." one of the officers began to say.

"I said, take them-" Hopper said grabbing my hand but went quiet when he saw my cut knuckles. He knelt down beside me trying to get me to look at him. "Kid, where the hell have you been?" he asked. I stayed quiet.

"Is this what we do now? Just leave without even leaving a note?" he asked. I stayed looking at the ground playing with my fingers.

Hopper sighed as he stood up and faced the two officers. "Why the hell is my daughter in handcuffs?" he questioned angrily. "Chief, i get everyone's emotional here, but there's something you need to see" one of the officers said.

Hopper reluctantly followed the two cops outside as Joyce embraced Johnathan tightly. "Johnathan, what's going on?" she asked. Nancy and Johnathan stayed quiet as they both looked at me.

Joyce noticed the tension as she walked towards me. "Honey, are you okay? Did someone do this to you?" she asked. I felt tears in my eyes and a lump in my throat. I hated this feeling.

Hopper hastily walked back inside and slammed the box of weapons in front of us. "What is this?" Joyce asked. "Why don't you ask your son, we found it in the back of his car" Hopper said giving him a glare.

"What?!" Joyce exclaimed. "Why are you going through my car?" Johnathan question. Hopper leaned over the table and came close to Jonathan's face. "Is that really the question you should be asking right now?"

Johnathan rolled his eyes slightly leaning back in his chair. Hopper noticed that there was something we were not telling him. "You" he said pointing at me. "In my office now."

I slowly made my way into his office and sat in front of him. "So... Are you going to take these handcuffs off or what?" i questioned breaking the awkward silence. "Not until you tell me what the actual hell is going on!" He exclaimed.

"You wouldn't believe me" i mumbled. "How about you give me a try."

So i did. I tried to explain everything to him. And surprisingly, he did believe me. He believed me about the creature lurking the woods, he believed me about the dark place i entered through the tree and that Will and Barb were in there.

I did leave out the part where i beat the shit out of Steve but... That wasn't important.

"So, you've been gathering information on the lab too, huh?" he asked. I nodded. "Smarter than you look bambi" he said sarcastically. I let out a small chuckle.

"Thanks for trying to help... But if you ever steal my files again, run away without a single phone call and try do my job for me... Then i'll tell everyone that you still cry every time we watch Bambi" he said. I rolled my eyes as he took of my handcuffs.

As he did, he turned my hand around to look at my knuckles. "You going to tell me what happened?" he asked. "It's not important" i said. "Not important, huh?"

I sighed as i chewed on my finger nails. "Some kids in my school know about Liz" i mumbled. Hopper was taken back by what i said. "Well, did they give you trouble about it?" he asked.