Part 41

Sana's P.O.V. 

During lunch, while everyone were eating together, I stood up and looked at them. Knowing that I wanted to say something, they all gave me their attention. "I have a suggestion to make," I said. They waited. "I am leaving next week to return home. And, I know how close we have grown to each other. My suggestion is that I build a new home in the city where I can accommodate all of you so that we don't have to be far from each other," I said. They looked at me silently as Roopaji shook her head. "Listen Sana, we all are comfortable here and moving isn't as good for our age. We will remain here," Virenji said. "But I will prepare everything in the city for you all. You will get the exact building with the same or even better amenities," I said. "This is not only about you. Think about it selflessly. We won't move," he said. "Sana," Sharad said coming to me, "This idea isn't good for anyone. They are old. Understand them. Moving away to the city is a huge step. They won't go. Just let them be." "But what about me?" I asked. "You are free to come anytime," he said. "But I won't get to meet them everyday," I said. "Don't do that, think about them as well," he said. "This is not fair!" I said frustrated, "Your children and family members left you all here to die alone and when someone is actually caring for you and wants you in their life, you all are throwing that person out? I am not the one selfish. You all are!" They all looked at me shocked and I immediately regretted my outburst. Not being able to face them after what I just said, I ran into Sidharth's house and locked myself in the room. "Sana," Sharad said knocking on the door. "Leave me alone," I said. "Sana, open the door, once, please?" He said. I wiped away my tears and opened the door. "Hey," he said coming in. I sat on the bed and he came and hugged me. 

"I'm sorry. I know I shouldn't have said those things," I said. "Everyone knows and understand. Sometimes in frustration, we say things we don't mean. That doesn't mean that everyone will hate us," he said. "But I said the worst thing to them ever," I said. He broke the hug and cupped my face. "Listen to me," he said wiping my tears, "Everyone makes mistakes but once you realise and acknowledge them, you say sorry and everyone will forgive you. Everyone knows that you made that mistake because you love them too much." "Do you think they will forgive me?" I asked. "I know they will," he said, "In fact, I know that they have already forgiven you." I hugged him saying, "Thank you. You're the best." He ruffled my hair and said, "Anytime." Breaking the hug, he asked, "Are you ready to verbally apologise now?" I nodded. "Good. Let's go," he said. We went back to the home where everyone were still sitting. "I'm sorry I said such horrible things to you all. You all have become a huge and important part of my life and losing you is making me scared. That's why I said all of those things. I hope you all can forgive my selfishness and childish behaviour one more time," I said. Roopaji came to me smiling and hugged me. "It's ok child. We understand," she said. I smiled, relieved and broke the hug. Looking at everyone else, they all smiled at me and I sighed. "I'll go and finish my packing," I said. "Do you want me to come and help you?" She asked. "It's ok. Being alone might help me clear my head," I said, "I'll see you all at dinner." She smiled and cupped my face. I left and as I crossed the road, "Sidharth came back. "Hey," he said coming out with a smile. "How was your surgery?" I asked. "It was good. The patient is fine," he said. "Good," I said. "Are you here to pack your things?" He asked. I nodded. 

Holding my hand, he said, "Come. I have something for you." He carried me upstairs and into my room. He closed the door and locked it. "Sidharth, what are you doing? What if someone comes?" I said. He took off his jacket and threw it on the bed. Holding my shoulders, he turned me around and carried me to the mirror. He took a small box out of his pocket and opened it. Taking a necklace out, he hung it around my neck. The pendant was an infinity sign. "This will remind you everyday of my love. My infinite love," he said hugging me from behind. I felt as if I was deceiving him. Not telling him about my plan was killing me inside. He moved away my hair and inhaled the scent on my neck. He lightly kissed my nape and shoulder. He held onto me and walked backwards to the bed. There, he made me sit as he intertwined our fingers together, kissing the back of my hand. Slowly, he began kissing up my arm and my shoulder. He pulled the strap off my dress and laid me down on the bed while I began to get nervous. I needed to tell him what was bothering me and as he came on top me, I pushed him away and stood up abruptly saying, "Stop it." He looked at me taken aback and disappointed. "What happened?" He asked. "I'm sorry," I said. "Hey," he said holding my hand. He made me sit down next to him and asked, "What is really the matter?" I knew that I had to tell him. "I'm going back next week," I said. He frowned as his hands loosened on mine. "I didn't know how to tell you and it was eating me away so I had to," I said explaining myself, "Sidharth, we love each other and we will find a way to keep in touch. This isn't going to be the end of our relationship. Many people maintain long distance relationships and if you want, you can even move with me." He looked at me skeptical.