3 ★ Hogwarts

࿔₊°༺★༻࿔₊°

A FEW TIMES while talking to Ron, Harry caught his gaze lingering on the quiet girl sitting across them.

He didn't understand what her problem was, she was rude, and on top of that, she was unfriendly and cold. He just truly wanted to be friends with her as it was the first time someone didn't approach him just because he was famous or rather he approached her first.

In the middle of talking to Harry, Ron reached inside his jacket and pulled out a fat grey rat, which was asleep.

"His name's Scabbers and he's useless, he hardly ever wakes up. Percy got an owl from my dad for being made a prefect, but they couldn't aff -- I mean, I got Scabbers instead." Ron's ears went pink. "He's pathetic, right?"

"Just a little bit," Harry said awkwardly.

It took every ounce of her energy for Crystal to keep herself calm after seeing a rat that big. She clenched her hands in a fist to contain herself. One thing that no one knew about Crystal was that she was not good with animals and was even afraid of some of them.

Harry just caught this change in her demeanour, a ghost smile appeared on his lips at her desperate try to keep a straight face. She was looking at the rat from the corner of her eyes.

Just then there was a great clattering outside in the corridor and a smiling, dimpled woman slid back their door and said, "Anything off the cart, dears?"

Ron's ears went pink again and he muttered that he'd brought sandwiches. Harry stood up and snapped his fingers in front of Crystal's face taking her by surprise again. Crystal took out the tissue from both her ears.

"Yes?"

"Aren't you hungry?" said Harry, pointing at the trolley.

"Oh, um -- But I don't know what I should get... " said Crystal.

"I can recommend you something, come," said Harry motioning her to follow and went out into the corridor.

Crystal took out her money bag and followed him.

Harry was explaining to Crystal which ones were good.

"This one is made of chocolate, I like it and this is Drooble's Best Blowing Gum, Pumpkin Pasties, Cauldron Cakes, Licorice Wands and this is Bettie Bott's Every Flavor Beans --- I don't recommend this one though --- "

Crystal was curious to check everything as it was the first time she was seeing all this fascinating packaging.

"I don't have the whole day, dears," said the trolley lady.

"Hey, did you decide yet?" said Harry, paying for his snacks.

"Hmm... I'm thinking... "

"What's there to think? Honestly, girls make everything so complicated --- Just buy some chocolate frogs it's good --- " said Harry, pointing at the nicely wrapped packets.

"I'll take a few of everything on the trolley. How much would be that?" Crystal simply stated.

"Hey... That's a lot of money..." Harry whispered. "Do you even have that much on you?"

"Thanks for all your help," said Crystal, with a sweet smile.

She took out a few gold galleons and handed them to the lady. Harry stood there red in the face after the cold blow from Crystal.

"Please keep the change," she said to the trolley lady. She knew the price was just about right, a few knuts give and take. Harry was taken aback and was embarrassed to judge her. Who the hell is she? He thought.