Chapter 42

Unedited 06/07/2022

  Jenny realized that was the first time she saw Jesreen smile while talking about her mother and it was not a sad smile. She was happy to see that but did not get the chance to put it in word as a costume came to cash out.

With their privacy gone, they told each other goodbye and Jesreen headed home. Her father was just getting off the phone as she walked in.

  "That was Mr. Henry, we were talking about work yesterday. He said the mechanic wanted some help, he spoke to him earlier, I will be meeting him in the morning."

  "That is Mr. Ried, I meet him not long ago. I had a little car problem and he was so nice, he fixed it without charge. Said it was a 'welcome to town ' gesture. I will drop you off on my way to work."

  "Great, how was your day?"
  "Great. A few of my customers who were there when you came Saturday wanted to know if you were a bother, said they wanted to ask for Saturday but they did not see me when they came out to ask. Said they would give you a good talking to for me if I wanted them to."

  "How old were these customers? It is good to see that there is still a place which believes that a good talking to can solves a problem."

  "They could be your grandfather,
but, for the time I have been here,  I am happy to say that the younger generation is not too far from them, mentally.  It really is a calm loving town. You and mom were right when you said it was a great place to raise a family." Jesreen said with her hand over her belly.

  "Are there more things to carry in?"  Christoph asked, pointing to the bag she put on the counter.
  "Yes, there is. I could manage them but I knew what you would say, so I left them for you. You are no better than Kavin."

  "You like him a great deal, don't you."
  "Yes, I do.  He is kind, gentle, and considerate, but I can't be thinking about that now. I'm in this situation because I thought someone else was kind and considerate as well.  I know Kavin is nothing like Jerry. Still, I can't deal with a relationship now."

  "I understand. You are going to have that baby one day, and the way I see it, he is willing to wait until you are ready."
  "That is what he told me," Jesreen said with a tender smile on her face.

  "I am going to have to get a car for myself, I don't want you driving me all over town," Christoph said two hours later while he was sitting on the porch,  wishing he had not eaten so much. But how could he not, when Jesreen did such a great job with his favorite. Mexican Rice.

They talked and talked. They were both enjoying each other's company, learning about each other, and building the relationship they should have had over a year ago.

The following morning, Jesreen took her father to see Mr. Reid as planned and then went to work. She started class that day.

She was two weeks behind, therefore she got a lot of papers to carry home. Knowing she would catch up without any problems, she was not worried about the amount.

  "How was it?" She asked as she went through the door.
  "Well, I'm gainfully employed. I don't have to be at the shop the entire day as business is slow. That suits me well, I have a job but also have a lot of time to spend with you and do some work around the yard. I'm planning on making a garden out front."

  "That would be great, I was planning to, just have not reached around to it."
  "Was it a gardening store I heard your friends saying they were going to open next weekend?.

  "Yes. You can prepare the area and when they open, you will be one of their first customers."

They quickly get comfortable in their new routine. Jesreen finds class easy as she had always been a good student. Christoph got to meet new people while working, they all made him feel welcome. He also got to do a fair share of maintenance around the house.

Jesreen sometimes comes home and got dinner while she cooks a few times. They spend a lot of time talking in the evenings.

A/N. It has been a long time. I am appreciative of the support even while I was not able to write. Thank you ❤❤❤❤