190: Is it fine now?

Chapter 190: Is it fine now?

"So, in short, the Gods I talked about before, the ones who were supposed to come in 2 to 3 decades... They will be coming for me in less than a month."

Neji said in a relaxed voice, though the things he said caused the girls to lose their cool.

"But- then... T-that's not a good thing, right?"

"It's not." Neji nodded at Kimi's question.

"Why are you so calm though?!" Nejire was the one who yelled at him, her expression worried.

"He probably has a plan, I think." Momo said with her voice that cracked after crying for hours.

"I don't, not really."

Neji answered casually.

The ones who were slightly confused and not so worried about all this were Rumi and Ryuko. Ryuko was reliving the story because she was forced to trust Neji's words about the Gods, and Rumi was too awkward to ask for the Memory Orb again.

Sensing their discomfort, Neji turned to them.

Observing their expressions for a second, he sighed. "I don't want you guys to feel needless pain, that's the reason why I didn't let you guys see the Orb. The only reason I showed the other three was because of the situation at hand back then. I hope you understand and by now believe my words after witnessing everything that I've been doing recently."

Kurai meowed in agreement from the side, lying on her back and playing with a ball using mana.

"Rumi already probably knows the story, but I doubt Ryuko does. So let me give you a brief summary of it." said Neji, meeting the girls' gaze, as he continued explaining.

It was the same story all over again. He unlocked his 2nd quirk when he was 8-years old, and there he entered his first [Dungeon] which happened to teleport him to the den of Gods and Primordials. There, for reasons he wasn't aware of, the Gods found his power dangerous and wanted him dead, so they attacked him and tried to kill him.

However, due to the help of [The Omniverse's Will], he managed to escape, even though he was cursed in a way that stopped him from using magic and stuff along the line.

The story didn't end there, according to [The Omniverse's Will], he would be found out by the Gods in a bit more than 2 decades, and the only way to survive or delay time would be to enhance his [Luck], which is only possible using magical artifacts and etcetera.

Just recently, he had a conversation with [Lady Luck] who warned him about how the Gods would come to find him very soon because of a deviation caused by Nawab's death.

"...I see." Rumi was frowning, her gaze at the ground.

If Neji had to guess, she must be thinking about just how many stronger beings she was going to learn about in her life.

"Wait, doesn't a simple solution exist?" Ryukyu suddenly said, picking Neji's interest. "We can just, you know, hide inside another Dungeon? Even if they find that you're within this planet, they'd lose track of you if we enter another dungeon. Or am I wrong?"

That caused all the other girls to perk their ears up, Nejire even looking relieved suddenly, as if this really was the correct answer.

Unfortunately,

"No, that wouldn't do."

Neji had already thought of this and had even asked the system about it as well.