32 - Blood Trail

Ari

Ari

Gemi, you're bleeding a lot, are you okay?" Nia chews her lip anxiously and Aquaria snaps at her, "Of course he's not the hell okay! Does he look okay?"

"Oooo, you liiiiike him!" chirps Nia, widening her eyes innocently.

"Shut up! And no, not him, he's a damn idiot!" Aquaria swats her and kneels down next to Gemi, glancing at the gash on his upper leg. "Damn. That looks bad. Ohhhh yeah. Not good."

Nia leans closer, "Oooo? Who is it?" she inquires cheerily.

"Nobody!" snaps the bluenette angrily. "I will snap your neck as soon as I'm sure that Gemi's not going to die."

"Can we, uh —" I hesitate, snapping my fingers as I try to figure out what I want to say. "Is that called a tourniquet?"

Nia shakes her head, "No. I don't have anything we could use. And none of us know how to do one. Don't look at Aquaria, she has no idea either. She only knows how to break things." Nia also blinks twice in Aqua's direction, widening her eyes.

"I don't know what you're implying and I don't care," she leans back casually. "Scream for help. What can go wrong?"

"I don't know? We all get killed? Or do you hate your life so much?" Nia glares at her.

"No, she's actually kinda right," I say, worrying my lower lip between my teeth. "Like, we'll get killed anyway if we just sit here and wait around for something unfriendly to discover us. And Gemi will have bled out by then. But if we scream, maybe something friendly will discover us."

"Or something unfriendly will find us faster!" Nia stands up and yells.

After realizing that I do, in fact, value my life, I decide that Nia's right. Although the only catch is that she's screaming right now. Therefore contradicting herself.

"Shut up, Nia," I say irritably, glancing over at Gemi. "He looks kinda pasty."

Aquaria rolls her eyes, "I present to you the most observant person in the world. No shit. He's losing blood."

Which is also true; his wound doesn't seem to be clotting anytime soon. A rustling leads me to hiss at everyone to shut up. Both girls look annoyed, but I shush them again.

"The hell is that?"

"It's a blood trail. Idiot."

"It's a WHAT NOW?"

"Something was injured here, genius, and stop screaming because I don't know if they're trying to murder us."

"That's a lot of blood."

I'm pretty sure I recognize both voices, and the last one is an annoying snappish voice, and I almost laugh when she snorts, "I present to you the most observant person in the world. No shit."