1.

LEAVING Baltimore felt slightly bittersweet. It was a solid forty-three degrees out - beautiful for the month of January and very unusual. Elexia took it as a sign that Baltimore was saying it's goodbyes to her. It was nice enough out for her to be in a white tube top with creme colored sweatpants.

Forks was a clean slate for her. Sure, it rained a lot there, but Elexia enjoyed the rain. It was peaceful to her. And, she would be with her dad. That's all she could really ask for. He was supportive of her. More than anyone. He was her best friend, and she was finally getting him back.

"Lexa, I'll miss you too much. Please don't go. We can turn around right now. Don't worry about refunding the ticket." Elexia's mom, Abbie, told her as they got to the boarding area. Her hand was clasped tightly in her mother's. People had always said Elexia looked just like her mother.

"Mom, I want to go. I need to." Elexia smiled sadly. "Baltimore doesn't feel like home anymore."

Abbie sighed, tears pooling her eyes. "Come visit me all the time, okay? And always call, every night. Please."

"I will, Mom. Promise."

Elexia gave Abbie one last tight hug before the blonde boarded the plane, and it all became real for her. For both of them.

It was a five-hour, fifty-minute flight from Baltimore to Seattle, and then another three and a half hour drive from Seattle airport to her house. Most people took another small plane to Port Angeles, but Elexia liked car rides, so she decided to have her father drive her from Seattle to Forks.

She was so excited to see her father and catch up with him. He was so excited to finally have his daughter living under the same roof as him, full-time, instead of seeing her for a week at a time every few months.

Once Elexia landed, she quickly grabbed her bags and made her way to where she knew her father was waiting. Immediately, she was engulfed in a big hug the second she was in arms reach from Austin.

"I missed you so much," His voice was muffled from being pushed into her sweatshirt (which she had slipped on during the plane ride), but Elexia managed to hear that he was choked up.

"Dad, don't cry on me." Elexia chuckled. "I missed you, too. But, we'll never have to miss each other again."

"I know, I know," He laughed a bit along with her as they pulled apart from the hug. "How's your mother?"

"Mom's good." Elexia just gave a small nod.

Elexia and Austin got all of her bags squeezed into the car, and finally got into the driver and passenger seats to take on the next three and a half hours of driving.

"Your car should be shipped to the house by the time we get there, so you don't have to worry about walking to school, or me driving you."

"Oh, thank god. I wasn't about to get soaked in the rain, but I also wasn't about to have my father drive me to school." Elexia teased. She had her own car that she bought back in Maryland and paid to have shipped to Forks - a black Nissan Maxima.

Austin simply rolled his eyes, playing along with her teasing. She really was her father's daughter.

Elexia and Austin talked mostly for the next few hours - mostly about shows and movies, and about how she was nervous to start up school. They finally made it home, and Elexia let out a sigh of relief. Sure, she liked car rides, but they were always tiring at the end.

The house they lived in was a two-bedroom, two bathroom, beige colored house and Elexia loved it. In the driveway, was her car and she smiled at the sight. Austin was too busy getting her bags from the car. All Elexia grabbed was her two carry-ons.