Chapter 33

-----

Ciane

His eyes had not left me as we walk towards the pack house. The other warriors kept shooting looks towards me, eyes wide open with unbelief. Maximus, the warrior who had hurt me before kept gaping at me. I send him harsh glares that has him cowering away like the pathetic wolf he is. He should be intimidated. I wasn't the same person he hurt and abused without reason. I am past that.

I glare at the gravel that leads towards the pack house, the place that hold horrible memories for me, horrible unforgettable memories. I glare at the gigantic house, finally noting the once white coated walls looks quite chipped off and dirty. I guess the park slave not being around was showing.

"No one should know of my mate's return until I announce it." I cringe at those words directed at the warriors. The reply with a nod, a short bow as they leave.

"Let's head to my office." Exus mutters and we follow suit. Jonah slips his hand to mine, offering me a gentle squeeze. I return the gesture.

I could easily note the changes that have already occured since I was gone. The walls look dirty and unkept. I always kept everything neat.

"I'm sorry this place looks bad." Exus offers and I don't reply.

We take the stairs towards his office and I have to push so hard for the memories not to surface. The memories of all the beatings, the yelling and screaming by the man who was supposed to protect me. Exus leads us to his office, gently pushing the door to his office open and letting Jonah and I get it before be follows suit.  The office looks terrible with what looks like broken chairs and shattered vases.

"I apologize about this." Exus mutters, running a hand through the back of his neck.

"Please take a sit." He shoots me a small grin which I don't acknowledge or return causing his to instantly fall. He takes a seat on his own seat and openly stares at me, completely ignoring Jonah.

"I'm so happy you have returned, mate." I cringe at the words.

"Ciane. My name is Ciane. I am not your mate and never call me that!" I grit, shooting him a freezing glare. He has the guts to look embarrassed and look away. Of course he has never learnt what my name was. He had had pleasure calling me disgusting names.

"Can I give you a tour around?" He asks, wincing almost instantly the words leaves his mouth. I knew this house like the back of my hand and I wasn't going to need a tour but in order to save Olivia, I'd have to pretend to get along with him. I'd have to pretend as if I actually care about him. The thought makes me cringe and nauseated.

Not getting a response from me, Exus eyes settles on Jonah who shoots me a small smile.

"How did you find her? I have been looking for her for over a year now and why didn't you even tell me you'd found her!" Exus' voice rises with every word he utters, until he's finally just yelling.

Of course he's still that bitter man I remember.

"Calm down, Alpha. I will explain every thing you need to know." Jonah states calmly, "Or better yet, Ciane can explain it you."

At the mention of my name, his eyes meet mine and they soften so much, it makes me want to puke. I did not want his eyes on me, I didn't even want him near me. At all.