Chapter 43 - The Roof

Yea so expect some updates coming #boredashell #covid

Violence Warning ⚠️
————————————————————————

    (Y/N) ducked away into the shadows and found a door leading into a dark closet.

    She quickly opened it and closed it quietly behind her just as Brus and Lamya came running by. She covered her mouth with her hand and stayed completely still as she listened to them get further and further away from where she was hiding.

     Once she couldn't hear them anymore, she carefully opened the door and peeked out into the hall she had ran into.

     After managing to outsmart the scouts, she's been running for almost ten minutes now. Or at least what felt like ten minutes. They haven't went after Dog which was good but now she just had to find a way to sneak out the asylum and to that shed outside by herself. She did sort of regret separating herself from Dog but they would've killed him at the rate they were going. It's better if at least someone got out free than no one...

      She's still determined to reunite with him again and escape to Yama's hideout. Just the plan may be a little derailed now.

      Catching her breath she slowly crept out the closet and shut the door quietly behind her.

'Reuban, you been here before. Can't you tell me where to go?' She thought, hoping the man in her head will respond.

'Zankoku kept me locked away in the lower portion of the building. I never got a chance to see the full asylum.'

    They had to be on an upper floor then. At least she has a rough idea of her location. She looked out into the halls and decided to try finding a staircase. From what she can see in the window ahead of her, they must be on the third or fourth floor.

'I hope Dog is alright...' Lamya had struck his face with that pole. He had an entire gash across his cheek.

'Separating yourself from an ally was a risky move. You'll have to work harder by yourself now.'

'I didn't want them killing him.' (Y/N) thought as she started to make a move out into the halls. 'He just wants to be free from this place. I don't want to hold him back from that...'

     Along the halls was a cobweb covered cork board. It held some small plaques with directions to different areas of the floor but the words were so faded (Y/N) had to look closely just to make out a single letter.

'Selfless people die first. You can't make decisions like this if you're intent on living.'

'I'm not intent on letting others die for me. Never will be.'

     She made out a word that said 'Health' and knew the rest was 'Health Wing'. So that's where she turned.

     (Y/N) made sure to stick to the darkest parts of the hall. She kept her eyes opened and held the chain between her handcuffs to prevent rattling. She heard the voices of demons and quickly ducked behind a receptionist desk as two lackey demons coming up from a staircase at the end of the hall started heading down her way. She held her breath as the two passed by, mentioning how mad Zankoku will be that she was missing and Ki and Akai were nowhere to be found. Word must be getting around that she got out by now.

    Once they were gone, (Y/N) double checked to make sure then got up and sprinted to the door leading to the health wing.

     She thanked the heavens above that it wasn't locked and slipped inside. There had to be a way to get the cuffs off in here.