Chapter 3

"My silence is not weakness but the beginning of my Revenge"

Chapter 3

Ethan had no idea about the fact, that for how long he had been driving now, but the sun was almost down and the orange light from the sun was exploiting every dark corner of the small, smelly and dingy car. So he figured he must have been behind this wheel for a few good hours.

He had no idea about where he was going? Or what he wanted to do with his life? Now that Rachel was gone. The small sane part in his brain blamed him, blamed him for every ordeal that he had seen in this past weekend, but Ethan was a stubborn man and he wanted to prove his mind wrong. He reeked from dirty clothing and now it was becoming unbearable to drive this car for one more second, and just as soon he started to curse on this car, the engines started to make some alien noises and a large cloud of smoke suddenly burst out of the engine.

"No No No don't do this to me..." Ethan cried out loud and with that the poor car gave up and stopped. Suddenly feeling a bit cursed Ethan turned the keys in the ignition for several times and every time the car responded to his pleas by moving just an inch in a quick jerk. Having had enough Ethan threw the keys out of the window and just as he did so, he realised how stupid it was. He was in the middle of nowhere on a road which apparently leads to nowhere, with a car that doesn't even work and now he just threw its keys away also.

Ethan leaned back in his seat and tried to think straight but a sudden wave of emotions threw him off guard and he found his heartbeat increasing with every passing second and his breathing became more rapid and shallow, and before he could even register his circumstances properly he found himself throwing a tanter tantrum. He threw punches particularly at no one but several of them hit the ceiling of the car and most of them hit the steering wheel, this lasted for almost five seconds and before he can even analyse himself he found a warm tear sliding down his cheek, and in that process it left a clean trail behind itself by cleaning up the dry blood off Ethan's face. He was doing this more than often these days, crying. Was it good to cry? Did it make him feel better? All these questions suddenly brought a suppressed childhood memory of his father.

"Why did you kill it?" a young boy asked the man standing next to him. The boy wore hunting shoes and was struggling to carry a rifle in his gentle hands.

The man standing next to him sighed and spat on the leaves for no particular reason before saying "what do you mean by why?" his tone was emotionless, not really wanting to answer the child's question, he started walking to his prey.

"The deer, why did you kill it?" the small boy followed in his father's footsteps and tried to keep up with his pace, but the heavy weight of the riffle was making it really hard for him to do so.

They both stopped once they reached the deer, her eyes were open and to their surprise she was not dead after all. The man knelled down and examined her body and then saw the gun wound on her belly. Apparently his shot was not as good as he thought it was, since his prey was still alive.

"Well you see son! She's not dead after all, happy?" the man's tone was filled with sarcasm and with an ulterior agenda. 

The deer was taking its last breathes, and she struggled heavily in doing so. Her black eyes kept staring on the little boy for mercy, and the boy saw his reflection in her eyes and felt an overwhelming wave of emotions and then he finally build up the courage to speak.

"Can we let her go father?" 

"And why would we do that?" the man took out his army knife and admired its blade.

"Because she's still alive, and she might live if we let her go." The boy said this in a barely audible whisper afraid of what his father might do if he didn't like his idea.

"What was that?" the man looked at the boy and rose to his full height. "How many times have I told you to speak up?" his tones was menacing and intimidating.

"She's in so much pain! Can't we let her go?" the boy asked between his sobs. He didn't even notice that he started crying.

"Of course we can't, don't you know how important she is to us? We spent the whole day tracking her, and now that we finally have her you are asking me to let her go?" the man tried to calm down. "That's not how the world works Ethan."

"By killing her we would put her out of her misery. It would be doing like a favor to her...here come here." The man asked the little boy to come to him. His hand was welcoming and the boy wanted to take it but then he saw a sharp blade in his father's other hand and the boy suddenly had doubts.

"I can't sir." The boy firmly said no one he realized what his father was asking him to do, but his whole was still shaking from fear, and his eyes were still watery making his vision blurry. He started to take a few steps back in hopes of escaping his father.

"Oh for god's sake, come here." The man launched himself upon the boy and grasped his tiny arm between his tight fingers, and then he shoved the knife's handle between his tiny fingers and then positioned him in front of him.

"Listen to me you little shit." The man growled harshly in his son's ear.  "You don't get to decide what's wrong or what's right in this world. Now in this situation, cruelty is the only mercy that you can show this creature."

The man shoved the knife between his son's hands and locked them with his own. "Now I don't want my son to grow up to become a little cunt. So on the count of three you splash open her throat, nice and easy ok?" 

"No!!" a terrified Ethan squirmed under his father tight grasp. Hot tears trickled down his face, he heard his father count up to two, and then he don't why but he looked at her eyes one more last time and there he saw her plead to him one more last time.

"Three." And just like that the man forcefully made Ethan splash open that deer's neck. 

Ethan watched silently as the blood from her neck splashed upon his face, but he didn't move one inch, he just kept looking at her eyes, and saw how her pupils dilated, it was like as if he could saw the life slipping away from her eyes and just like that they were lifeless with no host to serve anymore. But for some reason Ethan kept staring in her eyes and all he did saw now was his bloody reflection with the same knife from which he just took a life.

Ethan's flew open, he didn't even realise that he fell asleep. It was almost around midnight now maybe. It was like waking up from a bad dream only to realise that none of that was imaginary, unfortunately for him it was all too real. His mind went to the old days when his father was still alive.

It was absolutely insane, when he thought about it, only he knew that for how many countless days he had spent acting on the dinner table as if everything was normal. He used to watch his parents making normal conversation about their normal everyday life while they sipped on their fancy wine and laughed at each other's joke. Just like a normal family... 

His mind was playing tricks with him, showing him things that didn't made sense to him. Why all of a sudden he was thinking about his childhood. Nothing made sense anymore.

Maybe stability is what he needed now, some alone time far away from all these bad haunting memories is just the thing for him right now. After all what could go possibly wrong from now on? 

A/N: another action less chapter...again I am so sorry for constantly updating so late, but I promise to update again really soon. In the meantime, staypsycho. 

I love it when you guys comment so keep commenting...