Chapter 44 - The Battle

Violence Warning ⚠️
————————————————————————

"And the last stitch..." Yama pulled the thread then snapped it off with his claw.

    Ki achingly sat up from the table and bit down a growl from how much his chest throbbed in pain.

"Don't rush it." Yama grabbed fresh bandages to replace the old ones he removed. Ki remained impatient until the doctor got done covering his burnt chest back. Once finished, the dark demon hoped off the table, grabbed his coat and began heading out despite the pain.

"Not even a second to breathe and you're already up and ready." Yama spoke as he began storing his supplies back into his bag. "I knew you could handle the pain. Unsurprisingly."

"I can take it." Ki groaned but continued to leave the doctor to carry out the plan. He had to go meet Akai and Dog at the gate. If things went accordingly, they should be there by now. He didn't care if Yama followed or not, he's the least of his concerns.

    But unfortunately, the plans had seemed to derail when Ki spotted a frantic Dog dashing down to the basement and hurriedly stopping just as he past the dark demon.

    Dog forced himself to stop and almost crashed into the floor but quickly got up and ran to Ki. "Si- She- I-"

     Ki looked around for Akai or even (Y/N), the person Dog was supposed to be with, but nothing. Dog kept sputtering out words as he was trying to catch his breath at the same time but Ki quickly got impatient and grabbed the demon by his neck and pinned him into the wall. Dog gagged but hushed up when he saw that furious look in Ki's eye.

"What happened?! Where's (Y/N)?!"

"L-Lamya- a-a-and Brus-"

     The dark demon noticed the large gash across Dog's cheek where his mask was broken off at. He knows what could have caused a gash like that. Ki let out a growl and dropped Dog to the ground who quickly picked himself back up.

"Let's go. Where's Akai?" Ki growled.

"I-I haven't seen him..." Dog stuttered. "I tried to f-find him be-before coming here."

"He must be at the gate." If (Y/N) somehow got caught by Lamya and Brus they'll probably deliver her to the King. They needed to find her and fast. "Go get him."

"Y-Yes!" Dog picked himself up with the spider legs on his back and immediately darted off again in search for the blond.

     The doctor managed to hear everything from the room he was in and slammed his bag shut. He had a suspicion it wouldn't be this easy.

      (Y/N) crept out from behind a wall as she had her eyes transfixed on the back of a lackey demon she had been following. It came as she was hiding and mentioned something about heading down to the garden to another lackey. 'Down to the garden' sounded promising and the woman had no other plans beside run aimlessly around for hours until something came up.

     So here she was, hiding behind a wall as the lackey went over to a break in the floor and hopped down. She tip-toed over to see it lead to a floor below and the demon's figure walked up ahead.

     Landing on that debris alone will make noise. When she landed, as soon as the demon turned around she'll have to think of something.

     Forming a plan, the woman jumped down and the debris below her feet made a loud crackling sound. The lackey whipped around from fright and met (Y/N)'s eyes before their sight blurred out.

     When it finally started to clear he could make out the tall dark figure of... Ki?

     The demon widened their eyes and immediately straightened up. "Ki! Sir- what're doing here?"