Chapter 5

Narrator POV: Next Day 

Izuku woke up, first wondering if everything that happened last night was a dream or not. But he was able to taste his dried up tears which were salty, which assured him that last night was in fact not a dream. When he got out of bed, he felt like he lost at least 10kg mentally, as he felt lighter than ever.  He took a shower and changed his clothes and went to the common room to eat breakfast. 

He saw Jiro talking with her friends. They made  small eye contact and they both gave a small smile at each other. Common room was this big living room type space that had a kitchen, tv, sofa etc. It was the only place the students could and really was allowed to eat. 

The first thing Izuku did was lying flat on the sofa. He had some time before class and just wanted to rest. He then began to laugh for no reason. 

Someone then slapped Izuku on the forehead. As he looked up and opened my eyes, he saw that it was Todoroki.

"You look better...you were smiling" said Todoroki.

"Yeah, the thing that was on my mind these past days has been resolved" said Izuku with a slight smile.

"So are you up for a spar?" asked Todoroki.

"Can't I need to study, I can finally actually focus on studying...just fight Kaachan if you want to fight" said Izuku.

"Don't get me started on that guy..." said Todoroki. 

"Why?" said Izuku. 

"I'll tell you later...see you in class" said Todoroki as he left. 

After few minutes of resting, Izuku then started walking towards class, glancing at Jiro again when walking past her. 

When Izuku went in class, someone put their arm around Izuku's neck. Bakugo would almost do this every time they see each other, and Izuku didn't mind it. It was like their thing they would do all the time. However for the first time, Izuku moved away from his arm. Izuku himself didn't know why he did it. 

"Hey" said Izuku awkwardly as he walked to his seat. 

Bakugo didn't know what was going on. Which was same for Izuku, why did he do that?  thought Iuzku. 

Flashback to before Izuku and Bakugo knew each other...

Izuku was studying for a test in class. There was some noise coming from behind him. He looked and saw that Bakugo, the class bully bullying some poor kid again for being weak. He wondered why Bakugo never bullied him. Anyway with a sigh of relief carried on with his studies.

He then saw Bakugo open a window and drag the kid by the window. 

"DO YOU WANT TO DIE?" asked Bakugo. 

"NO...I'm sorry" said the poor kid. 

"How high are we? I wonder if you'll survive" said Bakugo. 

"I'LL GIVE YOU THE NOTES" yelled the kid. 

Izuku unfazed with what was happening behind his seat wondered, "what is life?"

"That's more like it" said Bakugo as he took the notes. 

Bakugo let the kid go, dropping to the floor, whining. 

"Where are teachers in this school?" wondered Izuku.

"Stop. Crying." said Bakugo as he kicked the kid's head. 

"Thank god I don't have to deal with him" thought Izuku. 

Few weeks went on as normal for Izuku or he believes, just studying alone. And then he would befriend Bakugo few weeks later. During this time, nothing was inside Izuku's mind. He was mindlessly studying for something he believed. 

End of flashback. 

Another memory was unlocked in Izuku's mind. This was the period of time before him and Bakugo became friends, but since it was right after Izuku moved, he forgot this existed. 

Bakugo was a bully. Although he pretty must wasn't now, he was back then. After Bakugo met Izuku they really helped each other and Bakugo no longer bullied students. 

But why did Izuku not like that Bakugo used to be a bully? He didn't know why. Izuku truly was broken beyond repair. 

What's wrong with me? Why did I do that? He's gonna think that I hate him or something. thought Izuku. 

He then saw that classroom entrance and saw that Jiro was coming in class. However, Jiro accidentally tripped and almost fell over but her girlfriends caught her. 

He then started sweating for some reason. And then he looked pale. He then remembered something else. 

Flashback to a long time ago...

Some teenage boys were trailing Jiro behind in the playground while Izuku was sitting on the bench.

The boys then pushed Jiro, making her trip and fall over. 

Izuku immediately stood up and ran towards Jiro. 

"Jiro! Are you ok?" said Izuku. 

Izuku got on his knees and lifted Jiro up. 

It was a trio of boys all looking down at them. 

"What is your problem?" yelled Izuku. 

"What is YOUR problem" said one of the boys. 

"Jiro let's get out of here" said Izuku.

"Yeah, run away...like you always do" said the boy. 

And that was enough. 

Izuku punched the guy who said that as strong as he could. 

End of flashback 

Did I really do that? thought Izuku. Izuku was feeling all the emotions of the events now for some reason. He was getting embarrassed a little thinking about it. 

Someone then tapped Izuku's shoulder. He looked up and saw Kaachan.