Chapter 5

Chapter 5

As the 'memories of Angelica' slowly came up in my mind, I realized.

Common sense... There was no way that the Empress had nothing to do.
​​
'She has to guide me to the Empress's Palace and hand over the materials of the previous year, so I can review them and start working. Though she wanted me to ask first? It is supposed to be the aides to come and initiate this first.'

Approval of the budget in the palace, inspecting various departments, socializing with the ladies, meeting with outside figures...

And, a lot of smaller things that I had just listed.

It all includes the Empress.

The Empress raises her own importance within the imperial family by taking charge of the important affairs within the palace.

In addition, the topic of 'friendliness with ladies' is surprisingly important. This is because an empress from a foreign country like me proves belonging and solidarity by building friendships with indigenous peoples.

But, now?

'I'm completely treated as a foreign guest.'

The same goes for the professional-looking attitude of the maids. Acting politely so as not to be bruised. If I raise a problem, I'll only be sensitive and this bad person.

Nevertheless, they thoroughly exclude me from their league and treat me like an outsider. There is no emotional exchange, and serving with an expressionless expression is probably part of that.

'Well, it's refreshing to see this kind of noble bullying after only dealing with direct harassment.'

It took me a week to notice since the bullying was so subtle. If Angelica's memories had been absorbed a little earlier, I might have noticed all of this sooner.
​​
When I found the answer, the maids in front of me now looked different.

Come to think of it, they don't even make eye contact with me except for the esteemed Madam of Marquis Jacques, who seems to be the chief maid. The person talking to me is always represented by her as well.

Angelica was just coming of age.

Meanwhile, the esteemed Madam of Marquis Jacques has gray hair.

No matter how much of an empress she is, it's difficult to be comfortable in front of a noble esteemed Madam, who is several times older than her. There is no way to feel friendly. She always spoke up to me, so that she could stop the words of the other maids of my age, with whom I could be treated relatively comfortably.

Still, even though I knew all this, it didn't hurt my pride or my feelings at all.

I was just amazed by her.

'If I hadn't noticed it, would she still be doing this?'
​​
It was bullying that came back round and round because I was in pursuit of nobility.

And, to be honest...
​​
'Even though it's bullying... It's so comfortable!'

No, isn't this totally a real benefit?

If I had been Angelica, the noble princess of Unro Kingdom, I might have resented this 'being treated as a useless person.'

Nonetheless, I am different.

I didn't even want to be friends with the ladies in the first place, and I've been dull to loneliness from the beginning. if I don't leave this room for six months, can I get five hundred million or not; I'm the person who thought, 'why not?' in this debate