Chapter 9

Chapter 9

He held me for a long time and only let me go when the sun went down.

Energy drained from my body. Every time I took a step, I trembled and needed support.

It was impossible for commoner maids to touch the Empress's body. So, in return, I had to wait until the maids of noble status come.

I felt like I was about to cry, so I sat down on one side and waited as I tried to organize my thoughts. It was only after about thirty minutes that I was able to return to the Empress's Palace with the help of the maids.

'Isn't there any kiln here...?'

No matter how high of a status a person is, it felt like I was about to cry at the reality of needing someone noble to help me walk.

Seriously, what's wrong with commoners not being able to touch the Empress's body, only in strange places!

Besides...

It was terribly embarrassing.

Since only women who were widely known for their modesty and character were eligible to become the Empress's handmaidens. There are foreign exemptions like the Marquis' Jacques esteemed Madam. So, the reliability of that standard is a bit questionable...

Doesn't that mean that at least the external image of these people is good?

Because of that, I couldn't find myself showing those people myself in this condition. Unlike Raniero, I'm shy because I'm just a normal person.

With my face blushing, I lowered my head and went back to the Empress Palace.

Even though I'm embarrassed like this, Raniero must not be feeling anything at all.

Horrible jerk...

I decided to curse something that I couldn't openly say internally.

Every time I found traces of his passing while receiving a bath, my face burned with embarrassment even more.

After relaxing in the warm water, mixed with spices and sitting on the bed wearing only a silk robe, the feeling of sleepiness immediately flooded me.

I couldn't dry my hair, and of course, I couldn't bite the maids, so I fell asleep.

* * *

The next day, there was a significant change in the Empress's Palace.

This was because the Marquis' Jacques esteemed Madam was forced to step down from the head maid position when she became a 'prey' in the hunting game I suggested before. Therefore, I had to choose a new head maid.

However, when I brought it up, a look of burden appeared on all the maids' faces.

As everyone followed the instructions of the esteemed Madam and ignored me, they must have come to the conclusion that they would not be able to face me after that.

When I asked who would like to be the head maid, no one offered to do it.

So, among the maids from the Actilus Empire, Cisen stepped forward with a smile of determination.

"I will take care of Your Majesty the Empress since I am the closest to you."

I widened my eyes.

If I had been in a position where Cisen was, I would have been discouraged. It was surprising that she was able to stand up so proudly in this situation.

On the other hand, I was happy at the same time. If Cisen were the head maid, at least, she wouldn't have to go through the stress of maiming like that again.