𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟐

────── ✼✼✼ ──────

────── ✼✼✼ ──────

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟐
𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐓𝐑𝐀𝐏𝐏𝐄𝐃 𝐒𝐏𝐈𝐃𝐄𝐑

────── ✼✼✼ ──────

Alex arrived just in time to see Liz's father walking out of the building and toward his wings. However, what caught her attention even more was the collapsed building in front of her with Peter nowhere in sight. She looked back and forth between the demolished structure and the winged man while her brain debated whether she should look for Peter or fight Liz's father. After letting out a long sigh, the Easton girl took one last look at the man getting into his wings before she sprinted toward the building.

In Alex's opinion, the inside of the collapsed building was so much worse than the outside. The roof was caved in and piled up in the center of the room and all the pillars were cut in half. Her eyes scanned over the gaping hole above her as pieces of gravel continued to crumble and land on top of the concrete pile. As soon as the Easton girl finished taking in the scene in front of her, she shook off her nerves and focused back on the situation at hand.

"Peter!" the speedster called out as she carefully stepped over the debris and slowly walked toward the center of the building. When she didn't get a response, the nerves within her returned while her eyes continued to scan over the fallen concrete. "Peter!"

What felt like an eternity passed of Alex standing among the rubble in complete silence before the Parker boy's familiar voice cut through the air. "Hello?! Hello!"

"I'm here!" the Easton girl shouted while she spun around in circles to try and find where Peter was under all the fallen concrete, "where are you?!"

"I'm down here! I'm down here! I'm stuck!" the brunette boy responded in a panicked voice as Alex turned around and sprinted toward the source of the sound. When she finally located the Parker boy, her entire body froze at the sight of tons of concrete piled on top of him. It wasn't long after that when his eyes finally met hers before more tears began falling down his cheeks. "I'm stuck. I can't move. I can't-"

"Okay, okay. Calm down. Take a deep breath," Alex told him in the calmest tone she could create, causing the Parker boy to take in a few labored breaths.

While Peter continued to try and calm himself down, the Easton girl grabbed one of the pieces of debris and tried to remove it from the pile. All of the redheaded girl's strength went into moving the stone as she lifted it with all of her might. As soon as she felt it move away from the pile, Alex turned around and dropped it on the concrete behind her. The speedster took in a few gulps of air as she stared down at the piece of stone before she turned back to grab another, only for all her hope to fade when she saw just how big the pile was. After staring at the small mountain in front of her for a moment longer, Alex kneeled back down to find Peter staring back at her with tears in his eyes.