Chapter 10

Chapter 10

"Your Majesty... that is—"

Seemingly restless, the maid was spitting out random lines.

To be honest, I wasn't really curious about it that much though I was just reflexively asking because it's the first time I've seen her... However, it seemed that there was such a reaction that I think I need to know now.

With that thought, I opened my eyes and gazed at the maid.

Usually, the silence of superiors was undeniably heavy and uncomfortable, nevertheless, the maid kept her silence.

Ugh. When the Empress asks, why does everyone not answer like this?

Should I adapt to Raniero's strategy, too?

If you don't answer within five seconds, your neck will fall, so be careful!

...There's no way I can do that.

Eventually, I decided to turn my head towards Cisen instead.

But, isn't she also hesitating for a while as well...?

I took the weight with a solemn tone that I couldn't get used to no matter what I did and opened my mouth.

"Did I not ask? Or, did you not hear me? Whom do you dare to remain silent in front of?"

Well, troubles might grow because of this.

Now, the maids will think of me as a more difficult person. Still, thankfully, the solemn tone worked. When I asked the question again, the answer that was not available came straight away.

"That, that... This is Sylvia Jacques, the younger sister of the Mariqus Henry Jacques."

"Why is she standing there like that?"

"...She's asking the Empress for an audience."

What?

Hearing those words, I looked out the iron gate again.

Even though her eyes met with me for a moment, she was now staring at her toes with her head slightly bowed. I bet our conversation could be heard clearly, though there was no sign of her trying to listen at all.

Is that kind of elegance?

But, right now, it was not the time for me to admire her beauty and dignity.

I came to my senses.

"Why is Sylvia Jacques asking for an audience? I... Why do I not know anything about this?"

These people! Don't do anything without me not knowing!

Besides, I don't want to be called to the audience if I'm the only one who doesn't know what is going on!

As my feelings were close to that of a kindergartener who was at a loss, the maids' faces suddenly began to darken.

At that moment, Cisen stepped forward.

"Your Majesty, I have committed a great sin."

...No, what did she do now?

Cisen came up to me before lowering her voice and whispered.

"I'm the one who instructed them not to inform Your Highness about this."

"Why?"

I forgot to maintain a solemn tone and asked back.

She then bit her lower lip slightly and replied.

"If that is Henry Jacques's younger sister, the reason why she asked for an audience would be obvious... I was afraid that the mere announcement of her presence would exhaust Your Majesty's heart."