Chapter 57

Sophia's POV

"My Queen, it would be my honor if you allow me to finish what you started.   We are all in your debt, but please attend to your mate.   Also I am feeling a bit hungry and Council members would make a great entrée.  I got this Gaea...go he needs you now."

Oh hell, I forget about my mate.   How could I be so stupid?   He was hurt and needed me.   I was so frustrated I wanted to scream.   Vlad was right.   Knox needed me, but I wanted to finish this.   I felt like I needed to finish this.   The need for my mate was definitely stronger and with a nod I released the pent up anger I was holding on to and allowed Vlad to take care of what needed to be done.  

Once I reached my mate I collapsed to my knees and began assessing his wounds.   I could hear a faint heartbeat so I knew he had a chance.   He had to live.  

Dislocated shoulder.   Torn muscle on the back of both legs.   Right hand appeared to be shattered.  A large laceration from the left should to the right hip was bleeding extensively.   His wounds appeared to be too much for his heightened healing to have any effect. 

Ripping my sweater off I placed it on his chest hoping to lessen the loss of blood.    This wasn't working.   Why was this not working?   He should be healing himself by now.   I don't understand.   I needed help.  

"Raine, HELP, I need help.   Someone please.   Knox, don't you die on me...you hear me...live dammit."

Raine suddenly appeared next to me and began to assess his injuries.  

"He isn't healing Raine.   Why isn't he healing?  Do something."  

"I am sorry my Queen, but the magic that is preventing him from healing is too strong.  Even for me.   Whatever Maximus did will not allow his wound to heal."

Shit.   This is not happening.   I will not allow this to happen.   I need this man like I need the air to breathe.   I pushed harder on his chest trying to stop the blood flow but it wasn't working.   My once cream sweater was now blood red.    Dropping my head down I cried, feeling helpless for not being able to protect.   He was mine to protect and I failed.  

I felt a hand smack the back of my head as Vlad knelt next to me.  

"Hold it together Sophia, all is not lost.   If magic is preventing him from healing then remove the magic."

"I-I don't know how...I never..."

"Close your eyes and focus on his body.   Seek out the magic and remove it.   You can do it."

Following his instructions I closed my eyes and began to search.   I was having no luck until...there.   I could feel dark magic right below his ribs.   I could feel it floating around in his blood.   Placing my hands over the section; I tried to draw the magic out of him and into my hands.   My palms began to burn and heat up as the dark magic transferred from him to me.  

When I could no longer sense any magic left in him I aimed my hands towards the corpse laying behind us.   The dark magic was encompassed in purple light as I projected it to Maximus.   His body convulsed as the energy penetrated him.   Even though he was already dead it made me feel better to poison his body with his own magic.

A soft moan drew my attention back to my mate.   I could already see his body healing itself.   Relief flooded though me.   I could hear his heartbeat getting stronger as I grabbed his none broken hand.  

Now that magic was no longer blocking me I placed my hands over his open sores and used my magic to speed up the process.   Right before my eyes his injuries repaired themselves.   You could hear the popping sounds as his shoulder was set back into place.    The bones in his hand were starting to re-align with small cracking sounds. 

Within a few minutes his heartbeat was going strong as his body finished righting itself.   Tears ran down my cheeks as I waited for my mate to wake.   Slowly his breathing evened out and his eyes fluttered open.

My joy was short lived as Noah flew out the back door and sprinted our way.  

"She's gone.   Mom. Dad.   Ella is gone..."