Ninety-Two

[|]

"Open your mouth," Lucas said.

I grimaced at the food sitting on the spoon he was holding and shook my head. I was too tired and had no appetite to eat. Still, he was forcing me to take a bite of a disgusting vegetable food that looked yucky to me.

It has been a day since we left Redside and Lucas had been pampering me. Alongside Axel and Maddy. It was annoying because I didn't want to feel too dependent on them when I could still do things. The only problem was that I was still having the side effects of the pills.

I was also having nightmares of me losing my baby and seeing Mrs. Kingston's face. I didn't want to tell anyone as they were already too worried about me. The only thing I wanted was to start a new job and try to forget everything that happened. Being bedridden left me with thoughts that took me back to what that witch had done.

"What do I do for you to eat? Listen, I will buy you anything, just mention it if you eat everything on this plate," Lucas said but I rolled my eyes.

"Your money doesn't faze me, boy. I want that food out of my face," I said and turned away from him. I grabbed the remote beside me on the couch and turned on the television.

I smiled at the cartoon on the screen and put my whole attention on it while Lucas sat in silence beside me.

"You're such a baby," he said and dropped the plate.

"I'm your baby, right?" I asked and craned my head sideways, smiling at him.

He smirked. "Of course you are but you're not being the good kind right now."

I stuck my tongue out at him and he scoffed before standing up.

"Hey, I have to go take my motorcycle from one of the racers. Axel will be back any minute. Will you be fine on your own?" He asked.

I inwardly started to plot at his statement. This was my chance to do what I wanted to do. So, I nodded my head and faced the television.

"Alright," Lucas said and walked to the front door. He grabbed his jacket off the hook by the door and winked at me before stepping out of the house.

I waited for five minutes before I stood up and carefully walked up the stairs to the bedroom where I changed into jeans shorts and a sweater. I was feeling a bit nauseous and weak but I had to stay strong because I wanted to take a stroll in the park to get myself.

I took my phone and went downstairs. I looked around the house one last time before leaving, locking the door. With a smile on my face, I made my way toward the elevator at the end of the hallway.

Soon after, I was walking out of the building's yard and onto the sidewalk of the slightly busy street. I shoved my hands into the pockets of my sweatshirt and kept my eyes ahead while taking in the rays of sunlight. I walked further only to pause when I saw Axel ahead. I froze and turned around, the movement making me dizzy. I took deep breaths and hurriedly walked away until I passed the apartment building. I took a turn at the end of the fence and exhaled in relief.

"Ugh, if only they allowed me to just do what I want, maybe I would feel better about myself," I said and continued my walk.

During my walk, I spotted a familiar car across the street. I stopped walking to see if it was who it was. A minute later, I saw Clark get out of his car. He took off his glasses and met my eyes, shock on his face. I looked away and continued to walk away.