|24|

"Ladies and gentlemen, the Captain has turned on the fasten seat belt sign. We are now crossing a zone of turbulence. Please return your seats and keep your seat belts fastened. Thank you."

My heart rate quickens upon hearing the announcement. I quickly shove my hair behind my ears. My knee starts bouncing up and down.

"Take a deep breath," Talia says, demonstrating the breathing technique we once saw on a YouTube video. 

"Mhm."  I nod, taking a deep breath as I attempt to act like my body's not filled with anxiety at the moment.

The plane starts to shake. Without hesitating, I grab the hand of the person sitting to my right. Caelum. He squeezes my hand lightly.

I slowly turn my head until our eyes meet. I stop trying to hold back the butterflies this one time.

Who knew it would take a near anxiety attack for me to finally let loose.

I glance to my left to see if Talia noticed. She's either so enthralled with whatever is on her iPhone or she's pretending not to for my sake.

"God, she's hot."

"What was that!" I internally scream. How am I supposed to Caelum that I just heard his thoughts? My heart races. And to top it all off, I don't even consider myself hot. I feel a blush slowly creep onto my face. I untuck my hair with my free hand, trying to cover my face with it. Confrontations are so not my thing!

"You could hear me?"

I slowly nod my head.

"This should be fun."

I lift my head and look towards him. A sexy smirk appears on his face.

"So how does this work. Can you always hear my thoughts? Can I always hear your thoughts?"

"I can hear your thoughts since we are mates and we are physically touching."

"So you can hear every time we touch?"

"You can put the invisible barrier up in your mind and block out unwanted people."

"Freya?" I hear Talia and quickly let go of Caelum's hand.

"Yea?"

"What will we do if your aunts not there?"

"She's been living in Pennsylvania for most of her life. There is no way she would just get up and leave her home. If she's not there, then something happend to her."

"I guess we'll cross that bridge when the time comes." Talia says, as her phone rings. "Sorry I have to take this call." she points to her screen that says mom and then heads to the bathroom.

I glance over towards Caelum's direction, hoping he won't notice. I can't believe I actually thought avoiding him would be easy.

"Talia told me you had a tough time sleeping last night." He says, breaking the akward silence.

"When I get really anxious I have a hard time sleeping."

"You should take a nap," he says, pointing to his shoulder.

I wait a moment to see if he was joking, but his face never falters.

"You really should get some rest. I don't want you getting sick."

I don't know if the lack of sleep messed with my brain or if I'm just stupid but I actually slowly lean my head on his shoulder. He lifts his hand and twirls a piece of my hair between his fingers. My eyes flicker into the darkness.

"You shouldn't be here" a girl whispers. I quickly turn around and see a her locked up in a cell. "Alexandra?" I question. Her once silky sun blonde hair is now a knotted mess. "He will be back soon." she nods. "And it's just  Lexi." she forces a smile. "You need to wake up now," she says as she reaches her arm out of the small space between the bars and grabs my shoulder.

"Huuhh." I gasp. Rubbing my eyes as I look around. I'm still sitting in my seat on the airplane. What was that?

"Is everything okay?" Talia questions.

"First sorry for falling asleep."

"No way, Freya. I should be sorry cause my mom was calling me mid-conversation."

"Okay, so what happened?" Caleum interrupts.

"I had the weirdest dream. It was almost as if I was actually there but I wasn't. Like the thing we learned about in class."

"Astral projection?" Talia says.

"My supposed twin, Lexi, was in a cell and was talking to me like I was there."

"If she's actually your twin then you guys have a special connection. Astral projecting to where she is during your sleep isn't that crazy of a thought." Caelum shrugs.

"There's just so much that hasn't been confirmed since there haven't been identical twin witches. Who knows what's true and what's false." Talia says.

"Ladies and gentlemen, American Airlines welcomes you to New Hope, Pennsylvania. The local time is 4:30 pm. For your safety and the safety of those around you, please remain seated with your seat belt fastened and keep the aisles clear until we are parked at the gate. The Captain will then turn off the "Fasten Seat Belt" sign, indicating it is safe to stand. Please use caution when opening the overhead compartments and removing items, since articles may have shifted during flight."

I sigh, happy for the distractions the announcement gives.