Chapter 15

Chapter 15

When I woke up in the morning, my limbs were hurting and I felt like I was dying. If this was health training, I would definitely have been absent from school with a groan.

The problem was that this was not fitness training.

'Yeah, it is better to die while exercising than to be killed by a knife!'

Thinking that, I washed my face with cold water to come to my senses with these ridiculous thoughts.

After that, Cisen had made tea that was said to reduce muscle pain, so I drank it with gratitude.

After receiving a massage for a while, I picked up my bow again and went outside. Duchess Nerma was already waiting in a comfortable outfit in the corner of the tourney hall where I was training.

Glancing at me for a moment, she resolutely took the bow away.

"Oh, no...!"

Then, in a hurry, she handed me a small bow.

"Oh, this is...?"

"It's something my son uses."

"Is your son's age—"

"Nine years old."

It was the moment when I clearly exposed that my ability was less than that of a ten years old child in the Actilus Empire.

I was despairingly stroking the small bow and short arrow. Somehow, my pride was hurt. However, it was much easier to use the bowstring than yesterday, so shame and joy came at the same time.

Although the bowstring of the small bow was light and the range was short, it was better to control than yesterday. Duchess Nerma also seemed content to be able to teach the skills she was trying to teach yesterday, such as eye aiming and handling the bowstring.

"You will slowly get used to the bigger bows."

After about an hour of getting used to the bow, my arms became a little tired.

"It seems that you are no longer able to focus on the target, so it would be better to stop using the bow for now."

That is right. Oddly enough, it looked like there were two targets...

However, I felt like I had a little more stamina than yesterday, perhaps because I was using the small bow in class today.

Shall I stop here...?

Just as my heart was about to fall for the sweet temptation, the ruthless axe and dagger of the Jacques' family cut through my desire for rest. Yes, even as I am doing this, they would be wielding weapons competently.

My stamina would run out before anything.

With that thought, I stood up determinedly.

"I'm going around the hall."

At my words, the Duchess of Nerma seemed a little worried but supported me.

This choice has resulted in disastrous consequences. Whether I understood my capabilities or Duchess Nerma stopped me, one of the two should have been done.

I was confident that I would be able to run around the hall five rounds before my body would give out. Seeing that Duchess Nerma had joined me, I quietly asked how much she thought I could run. She smiled politely and answered.

"Well, two rounds...?"

It was less than half of my bragging.

At that, I could feel my unyielding pride, which I should not have.