Chapter 16.2

Chapter 16 – Part 2

"I wanted to see how crazy training can be, although things are getting bothersome..."

...Of course, that could not be.

Raniero seemed to want to see my messy bow training as soon as possible. Seeing how much he wanted to see it, he even summoned the imperial physician from the Imperial Palace and gave me medicine himself.

After taking the medicine for a while, the pain was relieved and exhausted as though all my strength was gone. It was that moment when I realized just how much energy had been put into my whole body a while ago.

"I was expecting you to show a good performance on the hunting ground."

Saying so, Raniero's fingertips pressed the tip of my nose firmly.

"No, actually, I thought it would be fun to watch you run around in a hurry, but..."

Well, he did not hide his personality.

Power is really good.

"In the current situation, I wonder if you would be able to even run away properly, even if it's a hundred steps away."

...I also have a similar question.

It is not going to be amusing, so could you please stop putting me in as a hunter now?

"Moreover..."

​​Raniero then leaned on his back, pressed his lips to my ear and whispered.
​​
"I cannot imagine that a hunter who could not escape past a hundred steps and be hunted in reverse by the prey would develop well enough to entertain me in winter hunting..."

My spine shuddered.

Even though I am a hunter right now, after a few months, my situation of potentially being a prey came sharply when I was about to forget it.

...Really.

Every day is a series of crises. This is so spectacular.

"Then, what do I get in my hands after the long, long wait. Huh?"

"Tr, trust me!"

I cried at once.

"If you trust me, I'll show you something. I'll show you right away."

"Hoo. How would you do that?"

Every day is a series of putting things aside and arranging remarks. My brain is rolling.

"That, well... For now, finding a teacher is what I need to do."

"...Teacher?"

I nodded my head.

"I thought that I'd be able to improve a little bit, if I have a teacher."

"Aha."

"Since my life is at stake, this is..."

I blurted out my words and glanced at Raniero.

Let's think about it later after seven months. After all, I have no intention of becoming prey, anyway, since I will run away before he meets Seraphina.

"You're not going to die."

"...Really?"

Perhaps, because Raniero emphasized that I would not die again, my expectations grew a little. With that thought, I secretly asked him back with hope.

He nodded.

"H, how...?"

Now, my voice was full of anticipation. If Raniero was so confident, would there not be some method or device?

However, the sound that came out of his mouth was a spectacle.

"Well."

Oh, look at this...!

After all, he was fooling with me!

The desperation to risk my life was only a joke to him.

I scrunched and straightened my face like crumpled bread with my forehead. Meanwhile, Raniero seemed to enjoy seeing my face become crumpled.

Even though I feel sick and complicated in my head, Your Majesty looks so comfortable and happy...

"All right. So, find a good teacher and learn well! I'll wait to see what you have to show me on the hunting day."

"...Yes."

Suddenly, he reached out and tucked my hair behind my ear.

"I really want you to show me something."

I suddenly suffered from his skepticism.

Haa.

It was not my plan to show him something. I was really trying to live as if I did not exist...

Three months had passed since I foolishly fell for the scheme of Roberta Jacques and tried to get used to the life of the Empress day by day... I should have realized in advance that life was not easy.

Would it not have been more reassuring if Raniero had fallen for me for some unknown reason, clung onto me and hugged me...?

It seemed like it would not be like that, though.

Nonetheless, the situation right now is definitely a crisis. It was a problem because his calm interest did not seem to flow in any direction that ensured my safety. Well, it might be good if he felt that way, but even if he does not...? The feelings were identical to some degree.

After all, if it was not Seraphina, he would not get that intense emotion...

However, if I did not try to arouse his interest, he would always provoke me by pointing out risks.

Then, for his fun, I would have to roll left and right...

'What a bastard...'

I gazed at Raniero's face with a complicated feeling. He had a damn beautiful face today, too. Meanwhile, he touched my hair for a while as if thinking about something, before unexpectedly smiling softly.

"By the way, you haven't decided on a teacher yet, have you?"

"Oh, yes. That's right, but..."

"You should quit."

"...Yes?"

"Cut it off."

"Yes, what...? About finding a teacher?"

"Yes."

At his answer, I observed him carefully.

"...Why?"

"Because I can teach you."

The words that came out of his mouth sounded so strange that I thought I must have heard something wrong.

"...Huh? Y, yes?"

"Should I say it twice?"
​​
Raniero's smile deepened. It was new, though he had pretty dimples.

No. I shook my head hurriedly, feeling goosebumps rising.

"No, of course not. I'll be grateful for your teaching and become the best hunter."