38.

Not actually getting out and going inside to make a report, Asha rode away from the police station toward south Miami

        Not actually getting out and going inside to make a report, Asha rode away from the police station toward south Miami. She was going to Bahzeek and Victoria's with hopes of being able to spend a night or two with them. She had work for the rest of the week and didn't want to go home to her parents just yet. She was going to but she needed a little time to process what was actually happening in her life at the moment.

She was happy to see both cars in their assigned parking spots and found herself a visitor parking. On her way up to their floor in the elevator she tried not to cry as she thought on what was going to be asked of her. The thought of how far things could get alone was making her emotional so, to be looking someone in the face and telling them what happened would only up her emotions. But she wouldn't dare go back to that house. She would just have to cry to her friends.

"Heyyy, what happened?" Victoria opened the door and quickly pulled Asha inside. "Your face...oh my God. Come have a seat."

"Ay what's wrong?" Zeek heard the concern in Victoria's voice and emerged from their bedroom.

Asha nor Victoria answered him as they found a place on the couch together. Asha dropped her bags to the floor and roughly wiped her face dry, leaning back on the couch. Silence filled the place and the couple waited for her to tell them what was going on. Zeek stood with bunched eyebrows and his hands on his hips, and Victoria had her hand rested on Asha's knee. They were both highly concerned and she wasn't saying anything.

It was like her voice had vanished. Their worry filled gaze made her want to spill like a tattle-telling toddler but it was taking her a while to speak.

She cleared her throat, "Do you guys mind if I stay for like two days? I can't go back to my house right now."

"Yeah, of course you can stay. But what's going on? Your face is bruised, you're crying...."

The tears returned when she got ready to explain. She had to take a deep breath and face Zeek rather than Victoria. "Blaze."

"Rolls Royce?" Victoria asked for confirmation. Asha nodded and Toria's eyes went to a confused Zeek. He didn't know who that was. "He put his hands on you Asha? You gotta tell us what all went down."

Asha started from the beginning, three weeks ago, when she met him to hear him out against her better judgment. She let them know about the breaking of the bracelet and him pinning her to her car. She went on to tell them about the flowers he personally delivered to her house last week, and how he was waiting in her yard when she got home some time ago.

The couple hung on to every word she spoke, hardly blinking, certain to not miss anything. It was hard to watch the emotions pass through Victoria's eyes because they'd been here before. Not much of Jema's tragedy had been exposed to them other than one occasion but that was enough. Now a similar situation happened with Asha. This was something she wanted to experience more than once and it had her pressure rising.