Chapter Thirty Five

"It's all Obi-Wan's fault. He's jealous."
- Anakin Skywalker

❆ ❆ ❆

Oriel, Satine and Padme all sat around a round dinning table on the peaceful planet of Mandalore. None of them spoke and the blonde and red-headed women only picked at their food.

"You need to eat something. Both of you." Padme insisted after she was sick of watch the Jedi and the Duchess poke their mashed potatoes with a fork.

"I'm not hungry." Oriel and Satine replied and pushed their untouched plates of food away in sync.

"Yes you are." Padme retaliated and pushed their plates back towards them.

"Padme you're not my mother." Oriel hissed and pushed her plate back away from her.

"Obi-Wan would want you both to-" The Senator started but was interrupted.

"I don't care what Obi-Wan would want!" Oriel yelled standing up and banging her fists on the table.

It had been three days since her and Anakin had taken Rako Hardeen into custody and since then the council had granted her a week to grieve.

Satine and Padme both looked at her shocked, they weren't expecting that kind of reaction from her.

"He's gone, he left. I don't care what he wants so why can't everyone stop telling me it!" She continued and she couldn't handle holding her emotions in anymore so she slumped back in her chair and started crying again.

"Oh sweetheart, I'm sorry." Padme apologised in shame and she stood up from her chair to come to her side and hug her tightly.

"You too Satine, come here." She said motioning for Satine to come over when she saw her getting teary.

The Jedi, the Senator and the Duchess all stayed huddled together for a considerable amount of time until Anakin walked in the room and interrupted them.

"Oriel I – am I interrupting something?" He asked as he noticed the three women embracing each others warmth.

"No not at all, I have some duties I must attend to now." Satine said standing up slightly flustered as she didn't know Anakin very well.

"Thankyou for coming. Both of you. I couldn't have handled being alone these past few days." She thanked before hurrying out the room.

"Beautiful." Anakin greeted his wife when he was sure the coast was clear and hugged her tightly but even though he was at peace with his lover, Oriel could sense distress radiating off of him.

"What is it?" Oriel asked after she let them have their moment as only now did she realise how special they actually were.

"It's Hardeen." He stated and her heart sunk. "He escaped with Bane and another bounty hunter."

Oriel's eyes turned from being saddened to being frustrated. Determined. Furious.

Dark.

"Where is he?"

❆ ❆ ❆

After a talk with the Chancellor, the two Jedi got tipped off on where the three bounty hunters were headed so they took off towards Nal Hutta in their Jedi Shuttle with their two padawans.

When they landed on the dull planet they  wasted no time in exiting the ship and headed for the nearest town that was crawling with criminals hiding from the Republic, much like the planet of Corellia except with out all the slavery.

"How are we going to find them?" Ahsoka asked as they entered the busy town.

"I thought Master Skywalker would've taught you by now. If you want to find the lowlife . . ." Oriel sung to the togruta  girl.