prologue.

prologue — the legend

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯

In the past, when the Earth was still young and nature was undefiled by the destructive power of the human hand, the world lived in a perfect harmony, obeying the eternal circle of life. No one could restrain or resist its strength as it marked the end and beginning, dawn and dusk of every existence.

Every creature had its place, and role in this world. There was no concept of good and evil, heaven and hell, the ruler and bondsman. Everyone belonged to the land on which they lived, and it belonged to them.

This idyll has been given forever and ever. It is at this time, that the roots of our history go back. After the era of peace, the era of human has come.

They invaded the life of the world by first getting to know it, and finally wanting to get it. Their tribes became more and more numerous, and reached other corners of the Earth to take away the rest of its harmony. Deprived of interest, in the consequences of their actions, they stood above all that was alive, and had only one dream — to reign.

Every human was distinguished from other creatures by something that was unique in the world they owned. A soul.

And finally, when almost all areas were populated, people also reached the most distant, last wild forests of the Earth. That time, the forests full of ancient plants, were inhabited by brave and elegant vampires, with their black wolf form. The noblest individual the world has ever seen was at the head of the pack of those times. His people called him Jihun, which means wisdom, intellect and ambition.

The vampires in his care were happy. He put the welfare of the herd above his own, provided them with food and security in the face of the threat of human.

While Jihun was the leader, a girl was born among the people, who was able to see and feel more. Since her first days she loved forest in which she was born, and raised in. She walked her paths, and her noble nature made her find a friend in every being.

The child grew up to be a unique, unusually beautiful girl with skin as white as snow, hair as black as night, and lips as red and delicate as the petals of the first spring roses. So the name Eunji quickly stuck to her.