(Chapter 59) The Power Of A Witch

Y/n P.O.V (The Forest) (A Few Minutes Later)

"APH!!!" I shout. "AARON!!!" I shout again, calling out into the snowy void of trees. After no response is given, I shift, hoping to set out on the hunt.

But it seems I'm a bit rust as it takes me a few seconds to shift into my panther form. Though Lucinda's spell still holds, making my clothes disappear, saving them of being, sized up.

The moment my paws touch the cold snow, it stings. The harsh stabbing, biting cold rushes up my legs but I push through the shiver and focus on the two lost love birds.

I set off, as fast as my stiff and frozen joints will allow, trudging through the thick snow, following a faint scent through the trees.

Lucinda P.O.V (The Caves) (At The Same Time)

"Left or right? Come on Lucinda" I say to myself as the labyrinth of caves start to take its toll. "Left, definitely left"

I start back up running again, as fast as I can through the caves. "Good going Lucinda, leaving your supplies in a cave"

"You talk to yourself quite a lot..." A voice calls as I enter the lab. I zone in on him to see a werewolf, clad in black, leaning against one of the counters with a bag of potions and a book in his hand. My bag. "...you should probably get that looked at"

"Ei" I mutter.

"Oh come on, how am I supposed to do a reveal if everyone already knows. You're ruining the dramatic tension" He jokes as he takes of his hood to reveal a stupidly villainous, smug grin. "I take it that filthy little neko told you..."

"Erif" I mutter before he dives out the way of a raging ball of fire that just barely misses. He lands into a roll and is instantly back on his feet.

"Wow! That's all it takes to set you off. I've barely even started monologuing" Ein jokes. I get the sense that he thinks he's cooler than he is.

"Don't speak about her that way" I say sternly, not letting any emotion show on my face.

"So protective, so cute. I can't blame you, I would do the same if someone badmouthed my beloved"

"Aphmau isn't yours"

"Maybe not now, but these can fix that" He says, holding out a potion from his pocket. While the potion is green, I can tell it isn't a forever potion.

"Why use a potion on Zane?" I ask.

"Why not, he's a very useful asset. And a very kind and loving brother" He mocks.

"Why let Y/n go?"

"Why not? She's..."

"No" I cut him off before he can go on another useless rant. "That potion in your hand isn't a forever potion and you had a very good opportunity to use one of Y/n but instead you used one on Zane. And given how most of the emeralds in this cave don't have enough magic. You have to pick and choose. You don't have enough to go wasting them. You didn't use one on Y/n cause you didn't need to. You're after Aphmau, you can't afford to waist even one"

Silence fills that cave solidifying the idea that I'm right. Till Ein let's put a small huff, and forms a grin on his face before clapping slowly. "Bravo. Really bravo. But that just means I definitely can't let you leave"

At his words, wolves start to creep out from the darkness of the exits, trapping me inside.

"So, just come quietly. And we can spare your pretty face from being scared..."

"Reggad" I cast and a metal dagger flies towards Ein, missing him but piecing straight through the potion in his hand. The liquid inside has no effect but the glass cuts up his hand and wrist.