Chapter 20: Cult 'Ritual' and The Dark Metro

Normal: Dialogue, Narrations

Italics: Thoughts

Bold: A/N, Quotes

Bold + Italics: Songs lyrics, Voice on speaker

Bold + Underline: Dimension change information

(A/N: All the images, fan-designs, opening, ending or gifs used do not belong to me, they belong to the respective owners)

Previously we saw that Issei and the others were successfully alive after the power of the train went off, they managed to wake up one by one and saw that they were in a completely in a separate unknown level, the level ambience was quite cold and dark, such that everybody needed a jacket given how cold the ambience was, Issei then asked The Conductor on how much time will he be able to move the train, to which the conductor responded once the train comes back on, he will inform them, Issei gives The Conductor his number and they set out to see whether they can find another way to escape or any supplies, he and the others then look out to see train tracks implying that they were still in The Metro, since there was nothing they could do, they decided to explore around and see what they could do, Belle was able to recognize this level to be the infamous Dark Metro Level where wanderers managed to rarely show up here, she knew that this level is considered to be dangerous, thanks to Jerry who had gone off to scout for the area they were able to find a nearby neighborhood, however Belle warned them that the people there might be hostile to them, which they took it seriously, they then enter the town as they saw people staring at them in curiosity and fear. Issei then suggested to split up to find more information about this level, Issei talks to a reluctant shopkeeper, who while was in fear of the new wanderers, tells Issei about everything relating to this level, from the Cathedral to the Central Plaza, he also told them more about this 'ritual' as well as the Dark Priest, the Dark Metro as well as the the Shadows that the Dark Priests summons, Issei thanks the shopkeeper and takes his leave, he then meets up with the others and they all discuss what they have got so far, Jaune and Ruby return empty handed because the people avoided them, Summer got some weapons in case they end up fighting the Dark Metro and finally Naofumi and Ingvild were able to get the locations of the areas although Naofumi was forced to threaten the man, which he aptly called Aggressive Negotiations, Issei tries to speak, when they hear a bell, reminding them that it is about time for The Dark Metro to show up, they then see the Dark Priest along with his Shadows, the Dark Priest then calls everyone since the time has come, to take the next sacrifice, he then revealed the name of the person to be sacrificed the person was none other than Naofumi Iwatani, he is the next soul that is gonna be sacrificed to the Dark Metro shocking everyone.

The Dark Metro, 1:45 PM

Everyone was still trying to get over their shock of knowing that Naofumi was the one to be chosen to be sacrificed for the ritual, the Priest then spoke in the same raspy voice

Dark Priest: Octo tantum horas habes reliquas, orationes tuas dic et vale ultimos da !!! ( You have only eight hours remaining, say your prayers and give your last goodbyes!!!)

The Dark Priest and his Shadows leave from there, Issei and the others only look at the Shield Hero in pure sympathy, while Naofumi was still in shock as his name was being chosen, Issei on the other hand was trying to save Naofumi from his dreaded fate, they then go inside a room to see what they can plan in order to get out.

They enter a warehouse where they could be safe from the public for the time being, there were only 7 hours before the ritual would take place, 6 hours in the Dark Priests and The Shadows would show up and try to kidnap Naofumi for his final ritual, they needed to plan something before it is too late, that's when Issei heard an argument going on between Naofumi and Jaune.