Wrong timing

Adam's POV:

We went for a walk to the park. I thought it might be very relaxing after what happened.

Jonah looked like he wanted to say something but kept it back. "You okay dude?" I ask Jonah.

"Yeah I'm fine, just uh, frustrated" he said. It made sense because he did probably stay up all night making breakfast.

All went swell. We were swinging on swing. "Hey uh, I've been wanting to tell you something.." Jonah randomly started.

"What is it?" I ask him. He was thinking for a moment. "Well, uhh I very l-" I said continued until I spot an alternate. We didn't take any weapons with us so I just grabbed his hand and ran.

His sentence was cut off so he just shut up. We arrive to safety where I thought we might be safe and lost the alternate. "Phew" I let out.

"What was it that you wanted to say?" I asked him. He stayed silent until he spoke out: "forget about it"

His face seemed sad and a bit angry. "You can tell m-" I tried to say but he said: "I said, forget about it!" With a louder voice while he started to walk away.

"Dude what's wrong with you??" I said a bit annoyed. "Nothing." He said almost out of sight. I swear to god he is so moody.

But it's kinda just what I liked about him. He got me with his moodiness and I got him.

I went after him and we arrived home. He flopped straight to bed even though it barely was lunch.