20

"Now y'all just because we gone sauce up these wings when they done don't mean you ain't 'posed to season it

"Now y'all just because we gone sauce up these wings when they done don't mean you ain't 'posed to season it. Use everything in yo cabinet, okay? So next," Sakari stood in front of her phone, currently live on Instagram while cooking.

"We gone add some cornstarch. Aht aht! And for the lil crazy bitches who eat dry cornstarch, y'all can gon' head and get off here. It's for the crunch, not for your addiction." She shook her head, mixing her chicken wings together with her hands.

Von sat at the bar counter, writing in his notebook while taking occasional glances at her keeping herself occupied.

He watched her maneuver around the kitchen, basically talking to herself because she barely ever read comments.

His eyes trailed over her figure-currently dressed in a pair of seamless pink spandex shorts, and a cropped white tee shirt.

"So my oil been over here heating up, and I'ma put these wings in here for fifteen minutes on 350. Shit," She elevated her hand after slightly burning herself, and Von chuckled at her reaction.

"Y'all the cornstarch was basically so I wouldn't have to do egg and flour, damn. I need the chicken thick like me." She turned in the camera, showing her ass with a smile on her face.

Her head turned to face Von, and she saw that he was already staring at her, making her laugh.

"What?" Her smile remained, placing her hand on her hip.

"Nothin'. You cute." He chuckled, and her smile grew, turning back around.

"I love my man." She put the rest of her chicken in the oil pot, and a smile placed upon his face as well.

She made his heart so happy, and he even began to think about things further in the future because of her-like having a mini him running around the kitchen with Sakari.

Kids had never been a genuine interest to Von because he couldn't see himself being a parent. He didn't have the proper guidance growing up, so he didn't think he'd be able to raise a child of his own.

The world scared him more than anything, and he didn't want to see his child fall victim to the same things that he did, and even the emotional battles Sakari went through.

If he did ever have a kid, he wanted their life to be perfect. Yet everyday Sakari taught him that perfect wasn't always what it was made out to be. Character couldn't be built if you were already perfect, and no experiences would mold you either.

"What you thinking about papa?" Sakari leaned over the counter in front of him, her head resting in the palms of her hand.

"You so pretty girl." His head tilted forward to place a kiss on her lips, and she smiled.

"Thank you. Now answer me please." Her eyes trailed lower to look at his notebook, and he chuckled at how nosy she was.

"Where you see us at in a few years?" He asked, and she put her eyes back on his.