57

Anirei and the ninja stood in front of a temple, a haunted temple that was said to belong to Sensei Yang. Yang was said to have taught Airjitzu and there were rumors of a copy of the scroll the Ninja needed was inside. However, Anirei felt angry that a man like him had the same name as her kind mother, especially after listening to the tourist guide explain what had happened to Yang and his students.

"Welcome to Yang's Haunted Temple, the historical landmark and former home of Sensei Yang, the notorious sensei without a pupil, infamous for creating the lost marital art of Airjitzu."

The people gasped after hearing this, but Anirei sighed and turned her eyes to her parents' journal that the Ninja found back at Stiix. She wanted to read as much as she could, to try and find some kind of information that could help them with their mission. From the entries in the journal, it was dated around the same time that Morro had come to her parents. How ironic that it fell into Ronin's hands.

"Unfortunately, we can't take our tour group inside, for rumors say anyone trapped inside its walls at sunrise, will be turned into a ghost permanently. But if you listen closely, maybe we'll be able to hear the ghost of Sensei Yang himself, looking for his lost pupils."

"I hope it's not a rumor, for it's our only hope!" Zane said, very loudly because his vocals were damaged from the other day.

"Ah, sorry about my loud friend, he's a little hard of hearing." Cole said to make an excuse.

"Known for his un-- Ahem, usual teaching methods..." The tour guide continued speaking about the rumors and legends.

"I thought you said you fixed him?" Kai asked.

"At least he's not talking backwards." Jay pointed out, "I guess my tinkering got his volume level stuck, heh, heh."

"Don't worry, Elder Brother Jay, I'll help you fix Elder Brother Zane later." Anirei said, not looking up from her book.

"Anirei? Why are still reading the journal? Find anything interesting?" Cole asked.

She shook her head, "No, nothing yet. Mother and father haven't written anything that can help with Morro from what I've read so far. It may take a while for me to decipher it all again."

"Decipher!" Zane shouted.

"Yes. My mother and father wrote in a code so that no one other than those in our family can read it. But it's been so long since I've read their journals, that I'm starting to forget the codes. Please, just give me some more time and I may have answers."

"Anirei, take all the time you need to decipher your parents' journal. It's been a while, right? So don't worry about a thing. Heck, we may not need those notes your parents wrote because we'll already have figured out how to stop Morro." Kai said with a chuckle.

Anirei chuckled as well, relieved that her brother was so calm about the situation, even though deep down she could feel that he was just as anxious as the rest of them.

"Okay, here's the plan guys." Cole said.

"Hey, who put you in charge?" Kai asked.

"I did." Cole replied, "After you guys mucked it up, it's my turn to be in charge. And, like me, I like my plans simple. We sneak in, learn Airjitzu from the ghost of Sensei Yang, then get out before sun up."

"Since Morro already knows Airjitzu, we just have to hope he hasn't figured out the next clue." Anirei said, "And let's hope that Lloyd is still holding strong." She whispered.

Everyone went back on the tour bus to leave, but the group of Ninja stayed behind hiding behind one of the statues of Sensei Yang. When the sun had gone down, before the moon could even rise in the sky, they jumped out from their hiding place and snuck over to the front door.