Night Raven College

- ❦ - ❦ -

NRC Boys x reader

Warnings: Angst

Italics are flashbacks

Igni_Hydee Thank you for requesting!

- ❦ - ❦ -

I could still remember the day that my life took a turn for the worst.

It started off as a beautiful day. The sun was shining, the robins were chirping, and for once, Grim hadn't woken me up at some terrible hour in the morning in hopes of getting some extra food from the cafeteria. I had been able to sleep in a bit, though there wasn't much sleeping in that I could do because of classes. And Ace and Deuce had made sure to come and get me nice and early in the morning.

We headed to the cafeteria nice and early and took a seat at our usual spot, joined by Riddle, Trey, and Cater. Even Jack joined us at the table rather than sitting with the Savanaclaw students.

As usual, Ace and Grim started going off at each other, both arguing over the waffle that Grim had stolen from Ace. I had tried to ignore them, but I found it a little hard, and eventually picked Grim up by the scruff of his neck and dropped him down on the other side of me, between Jack and me. I also gave Ace another waffle to try and appease the beast. None of us needed to deal with an injured Grim or a burned Ace this early in the morning.

"Shut up and eat," Jack growled, taking a bite of his omelette. Both were quick to listen.

I never would have thought that such a simple day could lead to such a drastic change of events.

We were gathered once again in the cafeteria, but this time, we had been gathered for an announcement of sorts. No one seemed to know what it was about though. Even Riddle said that he didn't know why we were all meeting.

Soon Crowley emerged from the doors and stood near them as he addressed the room.

"As I am sure you all are aware Y/N L/N has been a student here for a little while and has been a student without magic for the duration of their stay."

I felt everyone's eyes turn to me, even if it was just for the briefest second. I flushed under their stares. I knew that I was the only magic-less student in the school and only a half-student at that. Grim was the other half, and this was a fact that I was reminded of constantly by Ace's and Grim's bickering with each other.

"Since I am gracious, I have decided to open NRC's doors to another student with no particular magical talent." He turned to the door and gestured for whoever was standing on the other side to come in. It took only a moment for a bring and bubbly person to walk through the doors, waving eagerly to everyone around them.

"This is R/N," Crowley said, placing a hand on their shoulder. "They will be staying in Ramshackle Dorm with Y/N, and I expect you to treat them with the same respect and kindness that you have bestowed upon Y/N!" He gently pushed the person toward our table and clapped his hands, telling everyone that it was time for lunch.

I waited patiently for R/N to come over while everyone else went to go and get some food.

"Hi," I said, extending my hand for them to shake. "I'm -"

"L/N, I know." They shook my hand, and I flinched at the ferocity of the handshake and the tightness of their grip. "R/N." They glanced over to where the boys were fighting for their food. "So who are your friends?"