After the Sun Sets - ROMANCE

Title: After the Sun Sets

Author: AliasTummas1

Genre: Romance

Maturity warning: Explicit sex scenes, abuse and mentions of mental health issues and suicide

Blurb: Lora grew up in a Catholic family and never doubted her faith. When her older sister commits suicide, Lora steps in to take care of her two young nieces and make sure their father, Jonathan, does not wander down the wrong path.

Despite being several years older, Jonathan develops a liking to her and asks her to marry him.

For the outside world, the two are a perfect example of true love, with young Lora sticking by her husband's side even after his crippling car accident. But nothing can be farther from the truth. And when she meets Dr Owen Shaw, the neurosurgeon treating her husband, Lora's world is shaken to its core as he fills her with emotions she doesn't know she is capable of and makes her question everything she knows.

Why we love it: This story is a bit heavier than most of the others we've recommended so far. It tells the story of a Catholic woman in an abusive relationship, trying to find happiness. We follow her as this incredibly strong woman struggles through hardships and pain, finding a way to get a grip on her feelings while juggling the care of her crippled husband and four children. And all of that under the noses of gossipy and judgmental people from her community.

After the Sun Sets is a romance story, but it deals with a lot of heavy topics. The author has a brilliant way of dealing with these topics, cleverly showing all views on the issues. After all, every story has two sides - or perhaps even more than two. We get to experience both the good sides and the bad sides of all characters, until you don't know who to forgive, who to hate, and who to root for anymore. This book is a real page-turner. It draws you in by showing you the strongest woman you've ever met, and doesn't let you go until you've finished reading. The characters are so realistic, lifelike, and raw that they will stay with you even after you've put the book down. Recommended to everyone over 18 who wants to feel like the story they're reading could have truly happened.

Congratulations on an amazing book, AliasTummas1. Please let us know: which Wattpad story would you recommend to other users?