CHAPTER TWO: VECNA'S CURSE

"Just! Call! Him!" Andy Morris walked around the store where Jo and River stood in, and he only placed random tapes in random places.

"Yea, just do that, or whatever." Jo muttered from her spot from where she was helping a customer.

River let out an annoyed sigh, and she turned to Andy quickly, lowering her voice to a whisper.

"I'm nervous." His look of annoyance turned into one of confusion, before he slowly cracked a smile.

River wanted to call him, and she would it was just since soccer season began things have changed pretty much immensely between them.

"River? Nervous?"

"Shut up." She had hit the side of his arm quickly and walked off, around the counter and now next to him. "I just. I mean every time I ask Mike anyways he-he can't do it. Or he like, just says he can't at least."

Andy had rolled his eyes, picking up the store phone and shaking his head. "I'm tired of this stalling bullshit, River. You'll never know if you don't ask." He forced the phone into her hands, "I'm good at this relationship stuff. Got a lot of girlfriends last summer in camp."

River had mocked him and pushed him away as she turned to dial Mike's home phone number. She stood there as it rang for like 5 seconds, and he finally picked up.

"Hello?" He sounded tired, and his voice was slightly scratchy. River wouldn't admit it then and there, maybe not even for a while, but it was kinda hot.

"Hey, Mike um are you uh.." she turned to look to Andy who gave her a thumbs up, and she turned back away."Do you wanna pick me up and get ice cream. I like- I've been wanting it since last night." She returned the thumbs up to Andy and he had then nodded, walking off.

"Like today?" Mike questioned, and River opened her mouth to speak but thankfully he added on. "Yeah, yeah! That sounds good but, I don't like have a car. Don't know if you forgot that." He had teased her, and River could practically hear the smirk he had placed on his face right now.

"Well. A bike works. Bring your bike, Wheeler. I'm only at Music World." River ordered, and now she had smiled greatly, hearing his groan.

"My bike, River?"

She had only hummed a yes in response, and Mike laughed, "I'll be there quick."

After she placed the phone back down, staring at it with a soft smile.

Meanwhile, both Andy and Jo were occupied switching out the music on the they radio held in store.

Jo was watching as Andy had switched through the channels, and for a quick second, he had landed on one specific one.

"We can confirm that the body of a Hawkins High student-"

After those few words Andy had switched off again, and he continued to do so with every other channel.

Though River froze when she heard that. She was quick to look up, and her eyes stayed on the radio before gesturing to the radio.

"Wait, go back." River had began walking over to the two, and she watched as Andy went back one channel, looking up at her in confusion. He tilted his head as if asking her if he switched to the right one, and River shook her head. "No, no. More." She stepped forward and had gone back to the channel Andy had previously skipped, leaving it there.

"Police have not released the name, although we are told, they're currently in the process of notifying the family. This devastating event will be figured out. Stay safe-"