~Sleepover P10~

Okay, everyone! This will be the final part of this mini series! I hope everyone enjoyed the ship content in these, because I think we can all strive to be a little gayer in our mundane lives. Please do quote me on that.

Alright, here we go! Hopefully this last part will have a little more Fedex than the others, because every ship but them got their own chapter so far. I'll make this chapter Dex's POV to help that. This might actually be the second to last part, for that reason alone.

Also, I want to give a special shoutout to ImAmandaOnline for giving me the idea of tsundere Fitz. I'm gonna try a little bit of this concept out in my oneshot, to see how much it works. Thank you!! Go follow them, they're awesome.

(Small update: Okay, second to last part. Sorry for the confusion.)

Alright, part ten: action!

________________________________________________________________________________

✩Dex's POV✩

"Aww man," I complained, sticking my head into the burst of cold air in the machine. "We used up the last of the ice cream."

Fitz frowned, crunching his eyebrows together in a really cute thinking face. "That's weird. I bought four cartons of ice cream before everyone arrived."

I smiled, until the pieces of information in my mind clicked together. "Wait, you bought the ice cream yourself?"

Fitz's frown turned into a sheepish grin that twitched wildly, barely resisting being taken over by uncontrollable snickers. His teal eyes flickered with amusement, and very little remorse. "Yes?"

I sighed, closing the freezer door and squishing my forehead together with my hand. "How did you get a crystal to the Forbidden Cities?"

Fitz's grin turned even more sheepish. "I stole it. From my father's office."

I looked up at him, struggling to maintain my deadpan expression and not burst into laughter as he did the same. He rolled on the floor, cackling in a way that sounded suspiciously like a cartoon witch.

"Oh my god," I muttered in faked frustration, even though I secretly thought it was hilarious. The edges of my lips twitched with a smile as Fitz looked at me. "Do you still have the crystal?"

Fitz nodded guiltily, reaching into his tunic pocket and pulling out a cobalt blue crystal that shined brightly against the dim lights of the kitchen.

I finally allowed myself to smile. "You know what? I'm impressed, Wonderboy. Who knew the Golden Child would steal from his father's office?"

Fitz chuckled softly, his cheeks shaded into a dark crimson. "We both know I'm not the Golden Child."

"I guess," I shrugged with indifference. "You still are to me, and will always be."

Fitz blushed even darker as I pulled him closer by his torso, refusing to look into my eyes. "Shut up."

"No thank you," I smirked, giving him a quick kiss on the cheek to annoy him even more. I grabbed his hand that was holding the crystal and intertwined my fingers with his. "Do you want to get more ice cream, then?"

He nodded silently, dangling the chiseled blue crystal over us as a familiar warm, feathery sensation tickled my skin, bringing us to the Forbidden Cities. We arrived on a quiet sidewalk next to a big, colorful store that reminded me of my dad's alchemy business. It wasn't hard to see why we were the only ones in sight as heavy raindrops raced down to the ground like a stampede of angry alicorns. The rain splattered Fitz's luxurious brown hair, making it look thinner than it actually was.

"Oh my god, it's raining," I exclaimed, taking Fitz's hand and running into the brightly colored store. A burst of warm, dry air hit my face as I sighed in relief at the sudden safety from the rain. I looked around: rows of human fruits and vegetables lined the shelves, and freezers of animal remains stood at my right. I wrinkled my nose at the lines of pink fat streaking across the raw, bloody red meat and turned away after my stomach churned with disgust.

"Where's the ice cream?" Fitz asked me curiously. I shrugged as I looked around the store some more.

"No idea, let's start looking," I declared optimistically, taking Fitz's drenched hand in mine and starting to explore. "I've got the money, so we don't need to find an ATM, too."

"Ugh, thank god," he complained. "I'd rather die than go out there again."

"It wasn't that bad," I argued playfully. "Rain is cool. It's just a little cold tonight. Do you have your coat?"

He nodded, holding out his black and gold cape into my hand that wasn't intertwined with his. I draped one half of the cape over my shoulder, and one over his, fastening the golden clasp.

"This cape might be kind of not-so-human-looking, but I don't really care," Fitz said to me as he nuzzled his head into my neck cutely. I felt a burning sensation creep up to my face, but I didn't pull away, instead leaning my head on the side of his and walking slower to sync my steps with his. My heart started to beat faster than normal as I felt Fitz's hot breath in the crook of my neck, but I decided to keep pretending to be a normal human being.

"Your hair smells like strawberries," Fitz mumbled quietly into my ear as we turned the corner to the ice cream aisle.

"Oh, thank you," I said nervously, ignoring the quickening pace of my heartbeat at Fitz's compliment. "Um, was that the right thing to say there?"

Fitz laughed, making me feel a little less awkward and a little more in love with him. "I think so. It's not like I know, either."

My eyebrows shot up in surprise. "Really? I thought you flirted with a lot of people."

Fitz shook his head. "I think you're mixing me up with Keefe. I didn't flirt. Like, at all. I didn't get invited to a lot of parties after people actually got to know how awkward I actually was. There was even a rumor that I was asexual going around, can you believe that?"

"At least you got invited to parties in the first place," I muttered into Fitz's soft dark chocolate hair.

"I guess. They were kind of boring though. I only came so that I could keep an eye on Biana." Fitz sighed, his teal eyes flickering with a neglected feeling of longing, rising back up after being ignored for who knows how long. "Yeah, I actually didn't have many good friends other than Keefe and Biana, and I wasn't even that close to them until my father's mind broke. I guess from birth I've always felt kind of...out of place, y'know?"

I chuckled sadly as flashbacks of all kinds of feelings came to life in my brain. "Tell me about it. I know how that is better than anyone, I'm pretty sure. Kind of sucks. One of the reasons I came friends with Sophie in the first place."

Fitz stayed silent for a moment, his head buried into my strawberry blonde hair even deeper in an attempt to drown out the thoughts in his head. "Me too," he said quietly.

I pulled my head away from his and stared him in his wide teal eyes that were glassy with tears. "You have me now, okay?"

Fitz nodded, not bothering to force a smile, as he buried his head back into my hair. Tears escaped from his teal eyes and dripped onto my scalp, and I hugged him tighter.

"You have me now," I told him, over and over again until the slow but consistent flow of tears from his eyes became slower, and slower, and slower. When the tears completely stopped, he tore his head out of my soft hair and looked me in the eyes, his own teal irises shining with sincerity and gratitude.

"Thank you," he said, throwing his arms around me and resting his head on my shoulder.

"For what?" I asked softly, hugging his closer to me, as tight as I could, just to let him know I would never let go.

"For caring," he whispered in my ear, the last couple letters of his words coming out sounding choked, and the tears in his eyes returned, dripping down my shoulder like warm rain. Unsettling, but comforting. Pleasant, when the droplets became familiar and the sensation of them has been felt by you many times, and for many times to come.