009

suna's pov

➜ "he sent the pictures." osamu said, looking down at his phone. the two of you were now at your home, preparing for the date you had planned to set up for (y/n).

your plan from the beginning had been for tsumu to take her to the formal, that way he could bring her back to your place afterwards and you'd be able to surprise her with what you had prepared for tonight. you didn't know why but you were nervous.

no girl had ever made you nervous before.

"lemme see." you quickly came to his side of the room, standing behind him so you could get a better view.

"oh damn, she looks so fucking good." your eyes widened, taking in how beautiful she really was. deep down it did piss you off seeing that she was with atsumu right now but it was all a part of the plan.

regardless of what happened though, you would have to remind yourself that you'd get to have fun with her later.

"mm i agree she really outdid herself this time- you better not fuck up suna, you should've seen how bummed out she was after she told me you couldn't make it." samu scolded you.

"i know, i know.. she threw a fit about it the other day but i promised i would make it up to her." you placed the ring box down on the table. "and tonight will be that promise."

it fell silent for a moment and you both proceeded to set up the room, the theme was black and red and given that you chose the dress she was wearing right now you knew she'd love it. there were also fairy lights around the room to match the aesthetic of your clothing, you knew tonight would be one to remember.

you were interrupted the moment you heard footsteps and to your surprise when you turned around, your younger sister reiko came into view.

"oh my god rin.. don't tell me you have another g-girlfriend!?" she gawked whilst entering and taking a look around the room.

she was an eighth grade middle schooler so things like this still came as a shock to her, (y/n) often came over a lot and it was evident that they both got along very well. reiko had hated all your previous girlfriends so her growing a liking towards (y/n) was a green flag in itself.

"no, i don't have a girlfriend." you replied to her.

not yet at least.

"then what's all this for hm?" she picked at the table, noticing the ring box in the middle of it. "don't lie to me rin, i've never seen you this giddy before in my entire life!"

"it's for a special girl." osamu spoke up. "you'll find out who she is sooner or later but just know that she's very important to your brother."

reiko paused for a moment before crossing her arms and furrowing her brows. "meh.. unless it's (y/n) then i don't wanna hear it, she's the only girl that i'll ever accept into this family."

you made eye contact with samu and smiled to yourself, as much as you were doing this for yourself you also wanted reiko to have the best sister in law imaginable and you just knew (y/n) would be the right person for that.