Chapter 38 : Her Past

Season 2 : Chapter 5

".....Why are you doing this, Ayanokouji-kun?"

Her voice turned meek and helpless as her makeup was ruined because of the tear stains.

"All I want is some answers from you, Horikita. Just imagine, if you don't tell me your matter with Kushida and why is she like this….and if then she does something that harms this class….whose fault do you think that will be?"

"W-who?"

"You.

If you don't tell me the matter and stay silent, then how will I know the atrocities Kushuda can commit if she wants to get rid of someone? 

Don't you understand Horikita? She said that she wanted to Kill you."

Horikita shivered in fear as Kiyotaka let go of both of her hands, letting them fall on her sides.

"What do you think will happen, when because of the lack of my presence,  she in fact does the job and kills you?

What do you think your friends will feel like?

What do you think your parents will feel like?

What do you think your nii-san will feel like?"

She crawled up into herself and started sobbing to herself while Ayanokouji looked at her shrinking figure with satisfaction before forcing her to look him in the eye.

"Listen to me, Horikita. The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don't have any….Are you weak?

Do you think Kushida is stronger than you?"

"N-no."

"Then why are you acting like this? Why do you fear her? Is this truly the sister of the Student Council President? How pitiful can you be?"

"P-please stop it Ayanokouji-kun….What do you gain by doing this?"

"A girl who has nothing but social power is enough to scare someone like you. How disgusting."

"Shut up, you know nothing about her."

"And what do I need to know about a two faced girl whose only advantage is to wear a stupid mask."

"Shut up Ayanokouji-kun!!! What do you  know nothing about her to make such flimsy conclusions?!!"

With a loud shriek, she sat up and fiercy glared at the boy in front of her.

"Nothing. That's why I'm asking you...Why are you scared of what Kushida can do? Tell me your story, Horikita."

"..........."

"Kushida……. used to be my best friend."

╔══ஓ๑♡๑ஓ══╗

"Hello, I'm Kushida Kikyou. What's your name?'

I looked at her for a second before moving my eyes away from her. 'She seems annoying.'

However she sat right beside my empty seat before grabbing my book away from me.

"What are you reading?"

"Give it back."

"Not until you introduce me."

"Tch. Horikita Suzune is my name. Now give me my book back."

Immediately I was met with a gleaming smile from her as if it was the warmth of the sun radiating from her.

"Nice to meet you, Horikita-san."