~The Winnowing Gala (Marellinh)~

Hello, everybody! I am in the mood to write some lesbian fanfic right now so here we go. Enjoy your fire and water duo!

Also here's a little playlist to go with this video. Why not, am I right?

________________________________________________________________________________

✩Marella's POV✩

I paced back in forth in my bedroom nervously. Why was I so nervous? It was just Linh's Winnowing Gala! A normal day, everything was fine! The sun is shining, the flowers are blooming, Linh's gonna go off and date a guy and I'll never see her again-wait, what?

I shook my head. No, now was not the time to worry about Linh meeting other guys. It was good if she meets a guy she likes! That'll just give me an excuse to leave her alone, to let her dance with a random guy that doesn't know her a fraction of the amount I do.

Oh my god, why is my brain like...THIS?! I needed help, obviously. So I called the first person that popped into my head. Well, more like second. Linh was, and has always been, the first.

The screen on my Imparter flashed with the sunny image of a strawberry blonde boy with periwinkle eyes smiling at me happily. Aw, he was in a good mood today.

"Hey, Marella!" Dex said happily. "What's up?"'

"Okay, you need to come over. Right. Now," I urged desperately, causing an expression of panic to flicker across his face.

"Why, what's wrong?" he asked with concern, his eyebrows furrowed together with worry in a way that somehow made me feel even more queasy.

"Everything's fine," I said a little too quickly. "No, okay, fine, everything is not fine, Dex. I'll tell you when you come over."

Dex nodded at me determinedly as his screen flashed back to the blank black rectangle reflecting my panicking face back to me. I sighed, flopping down on my bed and burying my head into the blankets.

Oh my god, why did I have to be such a gay disaster?

Within a couple minutes of fidgeting with my hands anxiously and staring at the ceiling, Dex burst through the door with a huge cardboard box heroically, making me sigh with relief.

"Thank you for coming," I thanked Dex as he closed the door behind him. "I just have no idea what I'm doing right now."

"Okay, well, first of all, you need to get ready. Linh's Winnowing Gala is in about one hour. Luckily, I have this box of cool clothes Biana gave me that she thought I might wear. Suits or dresses?"

I shrugged with indifference. "I don't really care."

Dex opened the cardboard box and instantly took out a flowing red dress that faded into orange, and then yellow at the bottom. The dress was extremely thin at the waist and had sleeves that hung off the shoulders. "First we have this. Then we have-" Dex reached into the box again, pulling out a bright blue dress with a much more modest look, with less cleavage and long sleeves, but still maintaining the flowy, waterfall-like skirt. Okay, that one was definitely a big NO.

"They both like kind of meh," I said hopelessly. "I want something that Linh would like."

Dex's eyebrows raised up slightly. "Well, why didn't you say so? Cause now we have..." Dex dramatically pulled out a fancy feminine tuxedo and a white button-up suit from the box. My eyes nearly popped out of their sockets at the sight of the magnificence of the outfit.

"That one," I said instinctively. Dex nodded again, putting the dresses away and throwing the suit at me.

"I gotta go get ready myself now," Dex told me. "See you there!" He waved goodbye to me cheerfully as I closed my bathroom door with the suit draped over my arm.