31| Pt. 1-Mysterious Sicknesses lead to the Titanic

Part 1 of 'Shipwrecked'

3rd Person POV

Yet another wonderful morning for the two boys, Kaidou and Aren, who are talking about a new card game without having to send death glares at Saiko's desk. The reason? Saiko was absent today.

"Ahh, nothing like a morning without him." Aren leaned back on his chair, contently resting his eyes and smiling towards the ceiling.

Kaidou waves at Saiki as he walks in and then points to a card on the desk.

"This card works as a buffer, but once paired with Character A it can deal damage to the opponents' healer! Isn't that cool?" 

Aren peeked an eye open and frowned, "Yeah, but the damage beater can be paired with the buffer and will beat the opponents' DB so quickly their healers won't have anyone to heal."

They began to bicker a bit about which card combinations were better suited for the game, but abruptly stopped as the chime of a bell reached their ears. The thing that caught their attention wasn't the school bell, no, it was the bell that Saiko's butler rang everyday the second he walked into class. 

Before they could even let out a groan, a red carpet rolled into class, followed by the one person they were hoping they wouldn't see.

Metori Saiko strode inside, images of money flashing behind him as his few selected servants stood outside the class. The class, long used to his flashy entrances, continued on with their business after staring for a few seconds. 

Shocked by their unimpressed behavior, he pulled out a wad of cash from his pocket.

"Saiko! Do you need anything?"

"I can get it for you!"

"Do your feet hurt? Let me massage them!"

Everyone immediately threw themselves at his feet, to which he smirked. He headed towards his seat and the hellish day began. 

Passing period arrived and everyone went about their usual business. Aren and Kaidou continued to argue over a card deck, Saiki read a book while Nendou bothered him about ramen, Toritsuka was chased away by (Y/N) for peeking at the girls' bathroom, and Teruhashi tried to  focus her attention on Saiki while ignoring other boys' attention.

"I'm telling you, the DB has to be at the front li-Ack!" Aren was explaining a strategy to Kaidou until his chair was aggressively kicked, but he needn't turn around to know who would dare kick his chair.

"Saiko." He muttered through his teeth as he turned around.

"What do you want?" 

Saiko yawned and laid his droopy eyes on Aren's irritated face. "Ah, I must be growing so fast these puny desks are getting too small for me. I should probably go on vacation so that my growth isn't stunted by the presence of you plebs."

"Hmph! Better for us if you go and never come back." Aren turned back around to a worried Kaidou, who witnessed Saiko's devilish smirk.

"Yes, I shall have my yacht prepared to depart by tomorrow, and I'll be off to my private islands." Saiko rested his chin on his palm and gazed to the desk of a certain blue haired girl.

"If only there was a pretty girl to accompany me," he said as if he would be so lonely despite his dozens of servants.

 Kicking Aren's chair again, he struck him a deal. 

"If you convince Teruhashi to accompany me I'll allow you and your friend to come as well."

Aren was taken aback. He had never gotten on a yacht before, and Saiko's ship was likely to be of the highest quality. Would he really pass the opportunity to enjoy a vacation with his friends all because he disliked Saiko?