chapter six

Chapter six

We all follow the waitress to a table in the corner. I slide to the end of the booth and Walker takes a seat next to me.  "What can I get you guys to drink?" The waitress asks, pulling out her notepad and pen. "Water, please," Ruth says politely. "I'll have water, too." Gracie smiles, glancing at the menu in front of her. The waitress looks at me and Walker. "Chocolate milk, please."

"What are you guys getting to eat?" I ask, "Waffles." They all laugh. "Oh,"

The waitress came back with our drinks and set them on the table. "Are you ready to order?" "Yep!" Gracie says. The waitress nods getting ready to take our orders. "We're all gonna have waffles," Gracie told her. "Alright! Would you like whipped cream on them?" Gracie glances around the table, and we all nod.

"Yes, please." She smiles. The waitress scribbles our requests down and starts walking back to the kitchen. "Can you put extra whip cream on mine, please!?" I shout. "Sure!" She laughs. "Raelynn, you're gonna have a sugar rush!" Gracie exclaims. "No, I'm not!" I roll my eyes.

I take a sip of my chocolate milk and look at Walker. "Is yours chocolatey?" I ask. "What?" "Mine just tastes like plane milk." Walker takes a sip of his drink and looks back at me. "It tastes like chocolate milk." "Uhm. No."

Walker laughs, shaking his head before sliding his cup over to me. I take a sip and slide it back. "Yours is chocolatier than mine," I complain. Walker rolls his eyes. "Taste it," I say, handing him my glass. "You guys are ridiculous!" Gracie laughs. Walker takes a sip of my drink and grins. "Hah, mine does taste better than yours!"

I cross my arms and take my drink back. The waitress comes back again, holding four hot plates. She puts them down in front of each of us and hands me a can of whipped cream.

I gasp, "Thank you!!" The waitress chuckles, "No problem," She walks away, while Walker stares at me. "Can I have some?" He begs. "Sure," I smile, shaking the bottle. I put some on my waffles and turn to Walker and spray some on the tip of his nose. "Raelynn!" He exclaims.

Gracie starts laughing hysterically. "I bet 20 dollars that they're gonna be a couple by the time filming ends," Gracie whispers. Ruth laughs, "Deal."

Walker wipes the whipped cream off his face, and I hand him the bottle before grabbing the powdered sugar. I dumped a bunch on my waffle before Gracie takes it away. "Okay, that's enough, Rae," Gracie shakes her head.

Once we finished eating we decided to drive around a bit before heading back to the hotel.
Walker and I were both on our phones, scrolling through Instagram.

I come across an edit of Walker in my feed and shove my phone in his face. He watches the edit, smiling at the screen. "Bro, how do people make such good edits? Like what??"

Walker laughs, staring at me. "Oh my gosh, it's a bird!" I say, pointing out my window. He rolls his eyes. "Can I have the rest of your chocolate milk?" I ask. "Where is yours?" "I drank it all." Walker sighs, handing me his cup."Thanks," I smile. "Woah, I can see my reflection in your eyes," Walker says.

I spit the chocolate milk back into the cup, "Stop, you're gonna make me choke!" "Sorry!" Walker laughs.

TIME SKIP,

We get back to the hotel and go up to our rooms. I may or may not have fallen up the stairs. As soon as Walker opens the door, I run in and collapse on my bed. Walker takes off his shoes and gets into his.

"Wanna watch a movie?" He asks, grabbing the remote. "Sure," I shrug, sitting up. "Can we watch Deadpool?" Walker asks excitedly. "No. We're watching Hannah Montana." I say. Walker scoffs. "We can watch it tomorrow." "Fine."