fifty-one

Sunghoon continued massaging Daeun's shoulders as she sat on the floor, examining all the wedding magazines she had collected. He curiously took one and gasped when the date of the magazine was ten years ago.

"You collected all these? You were like fourteen."

"I had to. I've always dreamed of a perfect wedding so my dad bought all of these magazines for me," she smiled when she recalled the sweet memory. She then took out a scrapbook which had all the wedding dress pictures she pasted.

He silently examined the book as he turned pages to pages. "You've had the wedding already planned out, huh?"

"Yes. We only have to go find a wedding planner and submit all of these books. He or she will know what to do."

She stood up before plopping herself on the couch next to him. He wrapped his arms around her and kissed her forehead, "I don't have to worry about the wedding anymore. It'll be perfect."

"I know."

He looked around the interior of her house, thinking for a while. "Soon, you will sell this house and I will sell mine. Then, I'll buy us a mansion in a secluded area so that we can have privacy. The house will have a huge yard for our kids to play around. Then, we'll adopt a dog and it will run around with our children."

"I like that."

They both flinched when the doorbell rang. She looked at him with confusion before walking toward the door. He followed behind her and waited for the entrance door to open.

"There you are."

Sunghoon's mother exhaled in relief, "I thought you moved or something."

"How do you know my address?" Daeun asked as she stood in front of him to block her away. "I have my ways. I need to speak to him," she arrogantly answered before barging into the house.

"Hey! I didn't say you can enter!"

"Mom, stop. You're embarrassing yourself," he sighed tiredly and lowered his gaze. The said woman grabbed his arm and stared at his finger with startled eyes.

"What is this, Sunghoon?" She asked, talking about the ring on his fourth finger. She then glanced at Daeun and finally saw the engagement ring.

"Are you engaged to this wench?"

"Excuse me–"

"Mom, that's enough. Daeun is not a wench."

"Yes, she is. I can't believe you got engaged to a daughter of a dead father. Who has been assassinated? Think carefully, there must be a reason why her father was killed? I'm sure he did something–"

"You have no right to say anything about my father! Aren't you ashamed? You have an affair with his brother. You ruined a family. Shut the fuck up and look in the mirror first."

"And you're telling me you're engaged to this rude bitch, Sunghoon?"

"Shut up, mom. Why the hell are you making things worse? I thought I made it clear I don't want you in my life anymore!"

The woman folded her arms and let out a scoff, "Bina is so much better, Sunghoon-ah."

"You're setting him up with your affair's daughter? Are you crazy?" Daeun frowned, "If Bina knows who you are, I'm sure she will also hate you. You act like you know everything but don't you realise who you're messing with right now? You're dealing with me, the daughter of the former president. And I can easily kick you out of the country. Or maybe have you killed for destroying a family."

Sunghoon pulled his girlfriend away from his mother. He glared at the woman, "I hope I don't see you anymore. If I do, I'll have you sued for harassment. And don't even think about coming to the wedding. You are uninvited."

He slammed the door close and exhaled heavily. Daeun watched him from behind and called him, "Sunghoon?"

He instantly turned around and pulled her into his embrace. He buried his face into her shoulder and silently sobbed. She reached her hands to pat his back and closed her eyes, feeling his warmth brushing against her skin.

Bina walked next to Jungwon as they looked around the car store. She was searching for a new car since she got bored with the old one. "What about that one?" He asked as he led her to a red convertible car.

"Well, it's tempting. But we should check the place first. I don't want to buy that one then regret seeing a better one."

"Well, just buy both," he shrugged. She thought for a while, "You're right."

"When are you graduating?"

"Why?"

"Who knows? Maybe I'll get you a new car? The latest sports car from your favourite brand," he smirked as he read a brochure given by one of the workers. She scoffed, "Just keep your money for future projects. You said you want to start producing movies and dramas."

"It's not like I'm gonna use all my money for the films."

She smiled and thought for a while, "I want a bold-coloured sports car with brown leather seats."

"I'll remember that."

He excused himself to go speak to the worker that was assigned to assist them. She silently looked around the store and saw an SUV that caught her attention.

Sunoo drives this car.

She thought to herself and smiled. Suddenly, her eyes caught his reflection standing behind her by the car's window. She sighed and closed her eyes, "I think I like him too much to hallucinate right now."

"Really?" His voice brought her back to reality. She immediately turned around and jumped in shock when he was standing behind her. "You like me?" He asked again with a bright smile.

"No?"

"Well then, I guess I have to try harder to make you like me."

"What?" She asked, speechless at his sudden remark. He chuckled, "Would you like to join me for lunch? My treat."

"I'd love to," she grinned and followed him out of the store. Jungwon, who was done discussing with the worker, turned back around and searched for Bina. He frowned and went out of the store, seeing her getting into a man's car.

"She could've told me she's going to follow some random man home."