9 ★ Mirror of Erised

࿔₊°༺★༻࿔₊°

CRYSTAL HAD NEVER in all her life had such a Christmas dinner. There was amazing feast for the Christmas celebration in the Great Hall. Up at the High Table, Dumbledore had swapped his pointed wizard's hat for a flowered bonnet, and was chuckling merrily at a joke Professor Flitwick had just read him.

She watched Hagrid getting redder and redder in the face as he called for more wine, finally kissing Professor McGonagall on the cheek, who, to her amazement, giggled and blushed, her top hat lopsided.

After they stuffed themselves with all the amazing food, Crystal was too happy to go to bed yet and decided to see photo album of her mother sent by Harry's parents in silence and warm fireplace in the common room.

She took the photo album and a shawl and went down to sit on the armchair nearest to the fireplace. Turning the pictures from where she left, there was a picture of her mother dancing with baby Crystal in her arms as the baby giggled. Next photo was of baby Crystal dressed in pink and white bunny onesie as her mother nuzzled her face in her tummy making the baby giggle showing two small teeth in the front like pearls.

Crystal grazed her finger on the photo feeling happy to see the people laugh and happy in the photo. The moving pictures of her mother were so heartwarming for her that she started to imagine that she was interacting somehow from inside the photo eventhough there was no sound.

Just as Crystal was about to turn to next photo, she heard some movement, the sound of someone walking slowly. She turned around but there was no one. Crystal stood up, kept the album on her seat and looked around again. She could feel someone's presence but couldn't see. Suddenly someone put a hand on her shoulder.

Crystal wasn't the type to scream but was scared out of her life as she took in a sharp breath. She took a step back swinging the arm to throw the hand off her. A boyish laugh echoed in the common room at first Crystal was about to pick up her photo album ready to run away but she recognized the laughing voice.

"Harry!" she said feeling the air around the source of his laughter, "Where are you?"

She grabbed something smooth and pulled it off to reveal Harry laughing clutching his stomach.

"Don't laugh -- Hey! Are you listening? You almost gave me a heart attack! -- " said Crystal fuming.

"Sorry, sorry -- it was so funny -- " he started laughing again his eyes tearing up, "you looked like this is your last day -- sorry I'll stop -- "

Though he said he'll stop but he laughed again, Crystal also smiled and shook her head slightly.

"Sorry, but your expression was really funny like an actress in horror movies who goes to find the ghost even though she knows something is wrong." he said wiping the corner of his eyes and chuckling, "I thought you'd scream but you really stood your ground, Crys. How did you know someone was behind you?"

"You wanted to see me scared, huh?" said Crystal. "But you'd have to do a good job hiding yourself, I felt someone's presence behind me."

"Oh? Then, I'll have to work hard for that. You've got animal instincts." Harry flopped down on the armchair replacing the phone album, "I've seen this photo many times. Don't you look really cute like a little bunny baby. Look, you've little teeth in the front showing too,"

"Where're you going this late at night?" said Crystal, raising an eyebrow.

"You could tell I'm going somewhere?" said Harry, shutting the album as he looked up at her.

"Of course you didn't bring out your fancy cloak just to scare me."

"Hmm. Witty, aren't you? So, Miss Crystal Calisto, would you like to go out for a midnight adventure?" said Harry, "Like a trip to the library... somewhere around... like... " he paused and took Crystal's wrist, handing her the album and looked up in her eyes and continued, "...in the restricted section?"