10 ★ The Norwegian Ridgeback

࿔₊°༺★༻࿔₊°

AFTER THE QUIDDITCH MATCH was over, Crystal, Hermione and Ron had been waiting for Harry to return.

"Harry, where have you been?" Hermione shrieked.

"Well done, Harry," said Crystal.

"We won! You won! We won!" shouted Ron, thumping Harry on the back. "And I gave Malfoy a black eye, and Neville tried to take on Crabbe and Goyle single-handed! He's still out cold but Madam Pomftey says he'll be all right -- talk about showing Slytherin! Everyone's waiting for you in the common room, we're having a party, Fred and George stole some cakes and stuff from the kitchens."

"Never mind that now," said Harry breathlessly. "Let's find an empty room, you wait 'til you hear this...."

"What happened now?" Crystal muttered.

He made sure Peeves wasn't inside before shutting the door behind them, then he told them what he'd seen and heard.

"So Crystal, your suspicion of Quirrell was wrong but we're right about other thing, it is the Philosopher's Stone, and Snape's trying to force Quirrell to help him get it. He asked if he knew how to get past Fluffy -- and he said something about Quirrell's 'hocus pocuss' -- I reckon there are other things guarding the stone apart from Fluffy, loads of enchantments, probably, and Quirrell would have done some anti-Dark Arts spell that Snape needs to break through --"

"So you mean the Stone's only safe as long as Quirrell stands up to Snape?" said Hermione in alarm.

"What's it's to us if the stone is stolen or not?" said Crystal, "I don't understand why you guys are so involved in this."

"Come on, Crystal, you got to open your eyes now, stealing is not good," said Ron.

"I know that but d'you think it is just as straightforward? This is not as simple as it looks like, I just really can't believe this -- " said Crystal deep in thought.

"You don't believe what I said? " said Harry. "I heard it with my own ears!"

"Of course you heard it with your own ears. Listen, I do believe what you said, I too, believe that Snape cannot be trusted but, Harry... You see, you and I see people in different views," said Crystal, trying to put her point, "Will you believe it if I say that I've a feeling that Quirrell is not all what he looks like? Atleast Snape is not trying to hide what he truly is,"

"I will believe you but we don't have any proof for that -- "

"No, Harry, you won't believe me, you're contradicting yourself in a single sentence. Practically, after what you just heard it's totally normal and understandable. I can see where you're coming from. People like you are easy to get swayed by a few words," said Crystal nonchalantly. "Oh, I've to leave, we'll talk later."

"What d'you mean people like me?" said Harry slightly agitated by words. Crystal waved her hand in goodbye leaving the room but Harry grabbed her arm and pulled her back a little forcefully.

"Explain yourself. What did you mean by that!" Harry said, furiously. "What am I even in your eyes?"

"What happened to you all of a sudden?"

"You tell me, what did you mean by people like me?" Harry hissed, "Do I look like stupid fool who can't even understand two words said by someone?"

"Listen, I don't have any idea what you talking about but I've got extra lessons in five minutes so let me go!" Crystal tried to free her arm but he had a very strong grip.