You Are the Reason

"Did you see the way Hyung looked at us?" Jungkook laughed, referring to an hour ago when you had told Yoongi he was sleeping over. "Fucking priceless."

You giggled. "Yeah, I wonder what was going through his head."

"Probably plotting my murder like usual."

"I doubt it," you remarked. "He doesn't care about us dating anymore."

"No, but he is pissed at me for hurting you," Jungkook divulged. "He yelled at me the entire time I was changing."

"What'd he say?"

"That I was a dick—a selfish dick—and if I ever made you cry again, he'd drown me in the Han River."

"I think my brother might need therapy," you joked.

"Don't we all," he chortled.

"Are you...still in therapy?" you asked nervously.

You didn't mean to pry, but you were genuinely curious. Jungkook had mentioned he first sought out therapy in high school for issues with his father. You didn't know what those issues consisted of since Jungkook rarely spoke of him, but you assumed they were big enough to sever their communication.

"I go whenever I feel I need to," he replied. "Yesterday was actually the first time I went in almost a year."

Rolling onto your side, you propped yourself up on the pillow. "How'd it go?"

"Well, my therapist basically told me to stop being so cold-hearted, and that I need to open up to people." A dry chuckle left his lips. "So stupid."

"Is it?" you questioned him. "Can you tell me why you're here right now then?"

Jungkook turned his head towards you, his true expression hidden behind a lofty smile. "Because you wanted me here."

"You're right, I did," you admitted. "But you showed up for a reason."

He sighed. "You're gonna make me open up, aren't you?"

"I'd like you to."

Jungkook sat up and leaned his back against the headboard, the faint glow of the lamp illuminating his sharp, handsome features. Following a long pause, he then said, "Two roads diverged in a wood."

"Huh?"

"The Frost poem you were reading," he clarified. "I saw it on the table."

"Yeah? What about it?"

"Two roads diverged in a wood," Jungkook repeated, "and I chose the one that lead to you, Y/N."

"Y-You did?"

He nodded and went on to explain, "I couldn't sleep, so I thought a run might tire me out. I originally only planned on running around the block a few times, but..." His hands began to fidget with the comforter. "...then I started thinking about you and I couldn't stop."

"Couldn't stop running? Or couldn't stop thinking about me?"

"Both," he declared. "I didn't realize where I had gone until I was in front of your house. I didn't notice it was raining either. All I cared about was running until my lungs gave out. I figured if I couldn't breathe, then maybe I'd finally stop thinking of you. But when it didn't work, it hit me." Jungkook's eyes traveled from the blanket he was toying with to meet your gaze. "I had chosen the path that lead me to you without even realizing it."

"Kook." You had been undeniably angry at him for nearly two weeks because of the argument; you were suffering the whole time. However, the last thing you expected to hear was that Jungkook had been suffering too. "I'm sorry."