Chapter Ninety-Four: Dream Come True

There was no denying that it was Eleven, standing across from me in the black expanse as bald as the day we found her in the woods. Rather than an over-sized, bright yellow Benny's Burgers t-shirt though, she was dressed in some kind of strange white jumpsuit with strange box-shaped indents on the front of it. 

"El?" I repeated. Her eyes widened further.

"You see me?" She asked. I nodded, taking a small step towards her.

"Is this," I gestured to the space around us, "Are you doing the blindfolded, staticy thing? Is that what you see whenever you look for people."

"Yes," She confirmed, "But how can you see this?"

"Its kind of a long story, and I don't really know how long I can hold this," I replied, "I know this is all fake and in our minds or whatever but...can I..."

I reached out a hand towards her. She came the rest of the way, brushing her fingertips against my palm. I laughed, rushing towards her and throwing gmy arms around her shoulders. She wrapped hers around my waist, hugging me back. 

"I miss you." She said tearfully.

"I miss you too! I don't care if its in this weird, mindscape thing, I am so glad to see you!" I pulled back, putting my hands on her face. "You cut your hair again."

"Long Story," She laughed as I wiped her tears away with my thumbs. Her smile faded, "What you're planning...its too dangerous."

"What choice do we have?" I asked. "If we don't do something, he's going to destroy Hawkins."

"You could wait," She said, "I could try to get to you-"

"We don't have time for that," I said, "And you don't have your powers. Even though I'm nothing like you, I have powers of my own now, so distracting him mentaly so the others can kill him physically seems like our best bet at this point."

"I do have..." Her voice wobbled, and I could feel myself losing my connection to her, "...Lab...Dr. Owens-"

"Eleven...Eleven, I'm losing you." I said, my eyes fluttering as I started to feel light-headed. "Eleven?"

"...wait..." I shook my head.

"I'm sorry. We can't wait. I hope you can get here soon, but there's no telling when that will be. We have to act now."

"Riley!"

My eyes flew open to find the others still surrounding me, staring at me intently. Blood dripped from my nose, and a sudden wave of nausea hit me, prompting me to run into Eddie's bathroom and empty my stomach contents into the toilet.

"Whoa, hey," Hands combed my hair out of my face, holding it away from my mouth with one hand while the other rubbed my back, "That's a new side effect."

I groaned, pressing the back of my hand over my mouth as I flushed the toilet before moving to sit back against the tub. My movement allowed me to see that it was, unsurprisingly, Steve, who had come after me. 

"Yeah...I hope that's not gonna be a thing because...that sucked." I said, pointing a finger at him. 

"But...you saw Eleven?" He questioned. I nodded.

"We didn't really have time to talk about much," I told him, "She said our plan was too dangerous, and she wanted us to wait until she could get to us."

"Yeah, and you said we couldn't?" He questioned. I nodded. "Yeah, that's probably true."

"It is." I agreed, standing up and walking over to the sink so I could wash my mouth out with water. Eddie suddenly appeared in the doorway, opening the drawer to my right and pulling out a still-packaged toothbrush.