98

After spending the past few days on the sim in Brackley, Daniella finally arrived at the Silverstone paddock, a bright smile on her face and feeling excited about her home race.

"Coffee and muffin for my favorite friend," Daniel jumped in front of Daniella out of nowhere.

Daniella suspiciously looked at the McLaren driver and then at the coffee and the muffin in his hands.

"What did you do?" She asked, her eyes narrowed.

"Wha... nothing, I did nothing," Daniel nervously let out a laugh and urged her to take the coffee.

"I don't believe you," Daniella took the cup from his hand. "And why did you run away that day?"

"What day?" Daniel tried to play ignorant. "I didn't run away. I didn't even see you at the beach."

Now Daniella was even more curious, and the McLaren driver's rambling was not helping his case.

"Daniel.." Daniella sternly said in a singsong tone.

"I swear I didn't do anything," He tried to convince her. "And whatever Max did... I had no hand in it."

"I still don't trust you," Daniella gave a smile and patted his arm before walking away, drinking her coffee.

***

After the track walk and a short meeting with her team, Daniella was just passing some time talking to Sophie, again convincing her that nothing was going on between her and Max but the Haas driver was not believing her since the relationship was made public.

"What are they doing?" Daniella asked as she pointed at Lando and Daniel. She wanted to divert the conversation with Sophie but was also curious about the other two drivers.

The McLaren duo was sitting on two big pink air balls and bouncing to the finish line as everyone around them cheered. It was a race and Lando was clearly losing.

Daniella and Sophie couldn't help but laugh as Lando cheated and just ran but Daniel jokingly threw the ball at Lando which unfortunately hit him right on his face.

Everyone laughed, including the Mercedes driver but unfortunately for her, she was at the wrong place at the wrong time as Lando kicked the ball and it hit Daniella in the face.

"Oww!!" Daniella yelped as she immediately covered her nose. "You idiot!" She scolded Lando.

Both the McLaren driver ran to her as the audience and the interviewer laughed but also felt bad for the Mercedes driver.

Sophie was checking up on Daniella but trying not to laugh. She realized her friend was not injured or hurt so she was not worried.

"I am so sorry," Lando apologized as he scanned Daniella's face for any sign of injury. "It was Daniel's fault. He threw the ball first."

The older driver felt betrayed and lightly hit Lando.

"I swear I didn't know he was going to hit you," Daniel defended himself.

"It's fine. I am fine you idiots," Daniella assured her friends.

Both Lando and Daniel let out a sigh of relief.

"She is fine," Daniel yelled at the audience.

"What happened? Are you okay?" Max rushed to the group, looking concerned as he only witnessed a brief part of what just happened.

He checked on Daniella as he put his hand on her back, seeing if she got hurt or needed any medical attention.

"How convenient of you to show up where the camera is," Daniella sarcastically smiled as subtly moved his arm away. "Now if you idiots and Sophie will excuse me, I have to go to the media conference."

The three drivers watched as Daniella walked away.

Max gave Daniel a guilty look.

"I am so happy I am not the only one she hates right now," Daniel smiled and patted Max's back.

**********

A/N: Daniel is still not forgiven. Daniella is being rude to Max. She got hit by a ball. No Carlos. No drama👀

 I have lost all motivation to write but at the same time, I want to update the story as often as I can. So imagine the mental conflict 😅😅