Chapter 2 Jim

Note: so note here, please understand that my oc can hear out of her right ear still, it's not great hearing in that ear, but way better than her left ear. She does wear hearing aids and that helps her very much, BUT I want you to remember, if I say ‘said’ for her, she is also signing most of the time when she speaks. Almost all the time when she speaks, she signs out.

Chapter 2 Jim

Third person pov.

Time skip.

Freya walks out the front door of Jim's house and locks the door behind her. Jim was going out the garage, as she went out the front door. His bike was in his garage anyways as hers was already outside, she also needed to lock the front door anyways since she was the one to unlock it when she entered without a yes so why not go through that door anyways.

Freya being cautious with the spare key given to her, she made sure she placed it in her bag where it can not be lost as she walks down the front steps carefully.

Toby, who had gotten there a few minutes ago, saw his friend come out of his other friend's house and smiled big. He raises both of his arms and waves at her as he loudly says morning to her “Morning Freya!”

Freya wasn't paying attention really to her surroundings and concentrating more on closing up her bag when Toby said morning to her, so all she really heard was a voice, but she didn't understand what he had said.

She looks up to find the source of voice and sees Toby standing there waving his arms and smiling at her big. “Morning Freya” he says again, this time a bit quieter than before, but enough for her to still hear him speak to her.

She grabs her bike and goes and stands beside him. “Hey Toby, morning to you too. How did you sleep?” she yawns out.

Her eyes go shut as her hands go up to cover her mouth fast to be polite, “Sorry” she said through yawning even harder.

Toby clued in fast on why she would be yawning. He had seen her bedroom light on before he went to bed; and that was close to midnight and when he used the bathroom around three in the morning, he saw a dime light in her room still on and usually that means she was still reading,  “Another long night of reading fantasy books?” he jokes out to her.

Moving her hand away from her mouth, she nods her head at her friend, “Yeah… just don't tell Jim” she semi jokes with him.

The garage door of Jim's garage slowly opens, getting Toby's attention first and then Freyas.

Toby moves his eyes off Jim to Freya and leans over a bit to her, covering the side of his mouth that Jim would see, “I won't if you actually sleep properly tonight” he said semi quiet, not too quiet, but enough to not get Jims attention, but enough for Freya to still hear him clearly.

Freya groans, but nods her head in defeat. She knows there's no winning there, so she wasn't even going to try it. Plus she finished that book series anyways and at the moment she had nothing else to read… but again, not at the moment.

Toby movies back to where he was before and went to work to clip his helmet on, “we’re late for school, Jimbo”

Freya gets onto her bike and leans her arms on her handles and watches Jim pick up the garbage the raccoons caused, “Sorry, Tobes. Busy with the lunches,” he said.

Jim goes to throw the milk carton he picked up into the garbage can, but it bounces off and goes flying down, but he was fast and grabs it before it falls. “One for me, one for mom, one for Freya, and one….” he said, pulling out the brown paper bag for Toby and also pointing at Freya too.